Got my knees wet today

grinsebring

Global Moderator
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
Several weeks ago  I  bought a  new  DFX  from  Mr. T.  I guess I should have tried  one before  I got one.  First  time out I realized I could'nt see  the screen well enough to make it work for  me.  Sooooo, after a  couple years of putting it off,  I went in for lens replacement surgury on both eyes.  I have been playing  golf  for about  three  years  almost  blind, in one eye.  I needed a lot of help from friends to keep playing. My handicap always  bounced  between 5  and  8  strokes.  Now it  soared to 18.  Something had to be done. The  new  detector was  the last straw.
I have  not  detected  for over a  month till today.  I daubed on some  Gator-B-Gone and hit  the wishing pier with my "Beach Hunter", scooped up a  pile of pennies  a half  dozen  quarters. 1 nickle, 1 dime, a  brass button, a  whole pile of  beer  caps and poptops. What  a  great  day.  I only wear  sunglasses  now,  no more  milk bottle  lenses,  I can  see a  golf ball on the green at 200 yards. previously I could'nt  see  the green at 200 yards. and  my  DFX  screen is as  clear as a jar of  Kentucky moonshine.  Going to the Bahamas next week  (no detecting)
When  i get back  I will be leaving  for  New  Hampshire to visit  my grandkids. and take care of some business in Leominster Ma.  While I am  there  me and  my  DFX will become  aquainted...... :yes:......Gil

Glad to here you're doing so well. It stinks when you don't look so good anymore :lol:. Good luck up in Leominster. Cladius.

ain't life great when you can see what your doing. :grin:

I have a brain tumor that when found (Dec. 05 ) had my eye sight all screwed up when trying to drive I found that I could see the MPH signs at about 20' in front of the car. :shock:( that was my sign I stoped driving ) Went to Mayo and got some meds that have allowed me to get back to normal life :?:

Back
Top Bottom