Ring returned

Kapi

Forum Supporter
This is the ring I found while metal detecting a few weeks ago. Its retail value is nearly 1,000 dollars. It's 10k gold and has a diamond on it. Robert wore the ring to the beach and removed it while he went surfing and then lost it in the sand by St. Augustine pier. When I found it I emailed the ring maker and the school without success at finding out who the ring belonged to. At Mondays conference at my church I was telling my friend Laura Lee, who is also a member of Anchor Faith Church, about the ring and she asked if she could help me find the owner. She has equipment that could take a better look at the name inside the ring. I brought her the ring to see and within one day she had found someone at the school who was willing to help us find the owner over the phone. Today Robert (who prefers to be called Chase) got that phone call. (I'm not sure exactly what was said but I believe it went something like this)

Laura: Did you lose a class ring?
... Robert : Yes!
(He then described it)
Laura: We have it!
Robert: Awesome! Where can I get it?
Laura: We'll be at Anchor Faith Church at the conference today around 2.
Robert: Ok I'll meet you there!

Turns out Robert just moved to St. Augustine and is looking for a church to go to. He'll be coming to Sundays service with his wife :)

I believe the last named turned out to be Fica. Sure I could have pawned the ring, even sold it for about two to three hundred dollars in scrap metal but doing the right thing is important. And in this case it was about more than just the ring. :) God does work in wonderful ways!

Attachments

• Name.jpg
    Name.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 359
  • ring returned 4.jpg
    ring returned 4.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 359
Amazing story I'm sure he was ecstatic. Just goes to show how important it is to get your name engraved in your valuable jewelry especially if you plan on wearing it to the beach.

Always nice to add to the good karma, and you found him a church to try out also.

Congratulations to Robert for getting his ring back and finding a new church! Well Done to Laura and Kapidr for doing the right thing. :bowdown: I'm all for finding treasures. "Finding" being the key word. If what you found is obviously a treasure to someone and you have a reasonable chance of returning the treasure, you'll be even more wealthy for having done so.

Job well done on the detective work finding the owner and your actions give metal detecting and good name. Plus you help a fellow man in two great ways finding his property and finding his faith... Nice work....

Back
Top Bottom