Butt ugly coils

XXJIMBOXX

Whats up with these new machines and their ugly, weird shaped coils?? I just saw a hacked Go find that looks like a respectable machine, not a toy... i wish there was more details on it. Now id like to see a F44 with a new coil and performance review, that weird egg shaped coil on those new F series machines gots to go!!

Attachments

• minelab-go-find-40-with-another-coil-08.jpg
    minelab-go-find-40-with-another-coil-08.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 502
In the case of the coil pictured..

This is a perfect case of function dictating form.. It's a DD, which is two coils in a figure 8...

Any other shape would not work the same.. The spokes and color are the only option to be changed as far as "looking cool" goes... Attached a crude drawing of the wires inside.. That's why the DD are all similarly shaped..

I would like to see coils with bolder, brighter, colors to see in the water better and at night.. Black coils IMO are the worst, they get hotter from the sun, then sticking them in water, even a cool puddle, can cause a lot of conflicts with the contraction of the outside happening faster than the inside..

Better to splash some water to cool things off and wait a few seconds before dunking.. Especially this time of the year in Michigan...

<°)))>{

Attachments

• IMG_20160102_132746.jpg
    IMG_20160102_132746.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 426
My car starts right up and gets me from point A to point B just fine. Im I wrong to want to spend my hard earned money on a car thats functional and looks good? Just my 2cents don't get mad....

Attachments

• th8ZAIU3DW.jpg
    th8ZAIU3DW.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 357
Cars and coils? Kinda like comparing oranges and battleships:lol: Don't be mad:D

To tell you the truth ive never ever had a problem with the way detectors or coils looked, even the SEF coils which I think are cool looking I even dig the oldies. Then I saw the coils on the gofind and the f44 they just threw me for a loop I was like dam them suckers are awful looking sure they may work good or whatever you would think that the creators or some one would have said wow these look funky...I would like to test the f44 a waterproof errr weather proof fisher is what ive been looking for butt that coil would be the first thing put on ebay for whatever $ I could get for it....

This is a good looking coil...

<°)))>{

Attachments

• user26275_pic53333_1383073639.jpg
    user26275_pic53333_1383073639.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 307
I think whites and bounty hunter have the ugliest concentric coils in the world but when it comes right down to it , if they put finds in my pocket I would have no problem swinging an ugly coil.

I draw the line at swinging those ugly old green garrett detectors though ! :lol:

:laughing: Well, I tell you, I love how the Fisher 11" dd performs, but I hated those danged fins! They catch a load of wet new mowed grass, snow, ice, wet sand...the damndest thing to try to push through the water....makes an annoying whistle sound when swinging it even! Just a royal pantload those fins were! So I cut them off...:laughing: Now its much better..
Mud

Attachments

• F70-1.jpg
    F70-1.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 288
  • fins.jpg
    fins.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 290
  • fins1.jpg
    fins1.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 293
Great idea MudPuppy I wish I would of thought of that before I got rid of my 11" dd !!! Maybe I will pick up another one now and borrow your mod.... how bout this coil for all yous Rockstars out there!!!!! haha DAYUM umm no

Attachments

• a-star-coil-new-xp-deus-fake1.jpg
    a-star-coil-new-xp-deus-fake1.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 283
Never even thought about it

I've got the F44 and didn't even think about coil shape, only weight and performance, and both are fan-tas-stick

Back
Top Bottom