Gorgeous Big Shiny, Indian Cent Spill, more...

LovestheShiny!

Forum Supporter
Got the OK today to detect the front yard of a local ca 1910 house, a fairly small yard with built up lawn, so I went slowly, listening for faint high tones, and was rewarded with some real goodies!

The first coin was a 6" deep copper memorial cent, so I knew that any oldies would be way down there. The next signal was a barely discernible high tone, and I was shocked to pull out, at about 6-7" down, a beautiful 1909 Barber Half! This one is in great shape, very little wear, probably VF-XF and valuable in that condition. The coin may have been on edge, vertical or nearly so in the hole, as I barely got that signal to dig.

Found more copper memorials, a wheatie, then what I thought was a wheatie spill. The signal was high 70's on the AT Pro, and smooth, but it covered a bit more surface area than usual for a single deep coin. Sure enough, there were three coins recovered, and I thought they were wheaties as I didn't really check them out when I found them. When I got home, I was very pleased to see I had found 1904, 1905, and 1906 Indian Head Cents!

The last pic shows the better finds from a couple of hour detect last nite in a small town north of me, the 1911-D Barber Dime is in good shape!

Thank you for your interest and happy hunting!

Attachments

• c2.jpg
    c2.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 581
  • c3.jpg
    c3.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 528
  • c1.jpg
    c1.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 526
  • c4.jpg
    c4.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 507
Very nice looking Barbers, both the Half and the Dime. Congrats David also on the Rosie, those great looking Indians and all the rest. Trapper

LS, you are on fire, a major ATTABOY for a sweet save on the Barber half, she looks great and wow, the IHP spill is awesome, congrats. I 'm still looking for my first Barber half, my first Barber quarter and dime were both 1909s. HH Mark

Congrats on the nice finds.

HD

Thanks HD!

LS, you are on fire, a major ATTABOY for a sweet save on the Barber half, she looks great and wow, the IHP spill is awesome, congrats. I 'm still looking for my first Barber half, my first Barber quarter and dime were both 1909s. HH Mark

Thanks Mark! Hope your first Barber Half is a 1909, that would be cool to put together a year set of metal detected period coins. The 1909 Indian Head would be a tuff pull, the 09 "V" nickel not too common either.

Spectacular!

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom