Need help searching

ChrisnAmanda1

Elite Member
So I have been looking online and trying to find a starting point to try to find an old list of houses that used to be around town that are no longer here. Im not entirely sure where to start but I know my town has changed so much over the last 100 years or so, and I would LOVE to go hunt some areas that used to have houses that got knocked down or replaced by parks, etc etc. Is there anything you guys can think of that would have a listing of all the old houses around town???

I am keeping my eye on the answers you get. I live in Central Washington state. I would sure like to know how to locate old home sites.

County atlases go back to the formation of the state.
Just google state atlas.
Some like where I am even have the location of houses and buildings. Load a township into maprika from say an 1875 county atlas and there you go. The atlas maps are very accurate they work off of survey data.
Sandborn fire insurance maps. There is a link somwhere on the forum.

County atlases go back to the formation of the state.
Just google state atlas.
Some like where I am even have the location of houses and buildings. Load a township into maprika from say an 1875 county atlas and there you go. The atlas maps are very accurate they work off of survey data.
Sandborn fire insurance maps. There is a link somwhere on the forum.

Thank you guys! Definitely have some good starting points!

Found a couple old maps and went and hunted a few older home sites, nothing to crazy yet, but im hoping!

You have several good sources there , old pictures from any historical societies can be handy as well, to pinpoint landmarks.

Thanks!

We found an old elementary school on one of the maps we found and went and checked it out. Nothing left but an old building now. Definitely enjoyed hunting it! even found our first Eisenhower dollar!

Back
Top Bottom