A lot of hard work gets me to 49 FTY.

MTtrashdigger

Elite Member
The last couple of weeks worth of detecting curbstrips, old yards and old parks has produced a couple of buffs, a dozen or so wheats, a decent amount of clad and a couple of bucket loads of junk, but no silver. Finally,yesterday after a long afternoon of digging loads of trash and a bunch of copper memorials, I scored a Rosie, a Merc and a nice GW to get me to 49 FTY. Funny, I dug junk and modern pennies for 4 straight hours and all 3 silvers came in the space of about 30 minutes. The dimes came from opposite ends of the same curbstrip and the quarter came from a strip across the street. I then worked a small 1926 yard permission and dug 8 wheats and a couple of clad dimes but no silver. Today I detected strips and another yard in the same neighborhood and all I got was modern clad and more junk. With the weather and work about to get in the way, it will be tough but I am still hopeful to get to 50. We shall see.
Thanks for looking !

Attachments

• GW Merc Rosie and 8 wheats 10-18-19.jpg
    GW Merc Rosie and 8 wheats 10-18-19.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 367
Sweet finds!! I wish I had curb strips here to hunt! Well we have them but they are a foot wide and close to peoples houses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice and really glad to hear you got on to the Silver! I don't know if I can get out much here in Hamilton but would like to. Hope you get to and pass that "50" silvers mark!

Sweet finds!! I wish I had curb strips here to hunt! Well we have them but they are a foot wide and close to peoples houses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The curbstrips can be lucrative or dissapointing. and yes unfortunately the city has widened many of our older streets over the years resulting in either complete removal or significantly narrower strips. Thankfully there are still a few good ones.

Great job ! You will definitely hit 50 plus i am betting on it .
I'm certainly going to try but winter could end my season at anytime.

Very nice and really glad to hear you got on to the Silver! I don't know if I can get out much here in Hamilton but would like to. Hope you get to and pass that "50" silvers mark!
we had a beautiful weather for the last couple of days but rain tomorrow and I am traveling for work quite a bit this month. Opportunity to hunt will be limited. Hope the weather holds!

Some nice hunting Montana. You will get to fifty I'm very sure. Congrats on the 3 that brings you this close. Trapper
Thanks Trapper. #50 is out there, I just hope to find it before it is locked down for the winter.!

Sweet finds , Congrats .
Thanks !

That's how it often goes, isn't it. The silver comes in streaks, between dry spells. There are a few of us on FMDF that are currently near, or at the 50FTY mark. I hit 48 yesterday, but it's getting tougher in the public spots.
Nice quarter, dimes, and wheats!

Not to far away from 50!! I'm hoping to get to 10 LOL! The weather looks like it should clear up a little bit after today, so hopefully we can oth get out and get our goals! Congrats on #49!

Back
Top Bottom