Harley Davidson pin find

Bounder

I went to a campground yesterday and had a banner hunt. I found 31 coins, 7 quarters, 6 dimes and 18 pennies (all clads). I also found the usual trash items including part of a mower carburetor but I also found something that really made the hunt. I brought up a pin that I could see had wings on it. When I got it home I put it in the tumbler with the quarters and dimes. After about 4 hours, I took it out and was really elated to see the good condition of a Harley owners group pin. It still has the retainer clips on it and the date 1983 on the back.

Attachments

• P101519951215.jpg
    P101519951215.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 349
  • P101519951218.jpg
    P101519951218.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 333
That’s awesome, lots of Harley collectors out there. I’d be afraid to tumble something like that lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My brother in law and his wife are both members of that group and said they give you the pin when you join. I tried cleaning it with a toothbrush but didn't get too far. When it came out of the tumbler it looked brand new.

If I remember correctly, 1983 was the first year that HOG was formed. So, that pin may be worth a couple bucks to the right person.

Few things anger me like harleys do....mainly the purposefully mistimed engine. Also how loud they are and how most people who drive them have no respect for others blasting through places late at night shaking windows and disturbing everyone.

Back
Top Bottom