Help me understand iron VDI for relic hunting

Mtc8966

Can anyone please help me understand what the VDI numbers in the iron range mean for relic hunting? I'm talking about just the VDI numbers for iron.

I hear people saying that machines like the Teknetics T2 have an expanded iron range for relic hunting but what does that mean?

Iron is iron....right? So if I get a low iron VDI number vs a high iron number what is that telling me about the target?? Is it an indication of size???

Iron buckles, horse / ox shoes, ax heads, iron nails of different sizes. etc.
Do they fall into a reliable iron category for VDI??

I've been relic hunting with my Teknetics Gamma for a few years now and never noticed anything consistent with VDI in iron range....

Thinking about upgrading to a T2 but wondering what the benefit is to an extended range of iron vdi.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Can anyone please help me understand what the VDI numbers in the iron range mean for relic hunting? I'm talking about just the VDI numbers for iron.

I hear people saying that machines like the Teknetics T2 have an expanded iron range for relic hunting but what does that mean?

Iron is iron....right? So if I get a low iron VDI number vs a high iron number what is that telling me about the target?? Is it an indication of size???

Iron buckles, horse / ox shoes, ax heads, iron nails of different sizes. etc.
Do they fall into a reliable iron category for VDI??

I've been relic hunting with my Teknetics Gamma for a few years now and never noticed anything consistent with VDI in iron range....

Thinking about upgrading to a T2 but wondering what the benefit is to an extended range of iron vdi.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

I am not familiar with that detector. I would suggest watching YouTube videos on that subject and see if that would help.

I tried looking on YouTube. Found some info but nothing great. Some folks say it had to do with purity of the iron. Hoping an experienced relic hunter will jump on.

No other replies on this?? I'm thinking this is either a really dumb question or very difficult to answer.

Back
Top Bottom