Milestone, Very Small Sterling Along With A "V"

Mindblowing 1500 silver milestone Trap.
And a silver filled post as usual.
That’s a lot of silver my friend.
That’s a lot of miles and a lot of dirt moved .
Crazy to think about it.
,Dew

Congrats on 1500!! That's amazing! I am pushing for my best year yet nearing 40 lol. I might have to move to a different state if I want to make it to 1500 one day. Anyway I ways enjoy your posts and you definitely are an inspiration to many of us.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I want to add to what Trapper said about “40 silvers” Ben...most people come nowhere near that. A lot of people either get distracted by other targets, aren’t on sites WITH silver or just don’t care about it. If you go hunting for silver with a METHOD and with DISCIPLINE you will do well, and 40 for the season is doing well. Don’t kid yourself, only a very small percentage of hunters among the thousands and thousands of hunters out there are going to make it to 40 this year. You’re doing just fine....

1500 silver coins is quite an achievement. Big congrats on your success.
I have no doubt it will continue. Someday, probably any day now, the name of Trapper Jack will be spoken with reverence in hushed tones by detectorists everywhere, dreaming of similar success. You deserve it!
Appreciate your reply Montana. Lots of miles and lots of time involved. Still it is a labor of love and it never gets old even if I do. I wish we all could have today's technology and turn back the clock thirty years. Can you imagine everybody's success. Trapper
Trapper, it goes without saying, congrats on another stellar hunt summary with all those additional silver finds! Finding 1,500 silvers is the work of a master detector who seeks to find and then achieves. Keep it going to the next milestone.
Thank you John for your very kind remarks. It is a plan to continue although I don't think the success in the future will be as productive. Trapper
The pleasure was all mine Trapper, it was a privilege to be able to hunt with and learn from you and IDXMonster, two of the greats; I hope we can again soon.

Big congratulations on your 1500 silvers! :D
Glad you were there Anthony to share in the moment. Kevin is a great friend and one hell of a detectionist and continues to have a great thirst to be even better. He is always willing to share knowledge with those that are willing to hear it. Trapper

Another fine tally post, Trapper! I'm glad your #1500 was a quarter. It is fitting because you have been doing well on the quarters this year. I like the video that IDX posted, too! The personal touch is a good thing. :yes:
Hey, I just thought of something...I dug my 46th silver FTY(a Rosy) today, so if you are at 171, I have passed ONE QUARTER of what "the master" has dug this year! This is a major milestone for me! I should get like a brown belt or something! But enough about me...Congrats on digging another elusive V nickel too! Hey, so did I today! Mine was 1906! Oh, shoot! Talking about me again. Sorry. Keep 'em coming Trapper!

Congrats on the silver Trapper!!! I'm amazed at the amount you find every post you make!!!
Thank you Travis. Remember that my posts generally represent several hunts over weeks. Most of the hunts I only get one or two but they add up. The hunts with big counts are rare although this last site I found has been very spectacular. It has giver up 8, 6, 3 and 11 in four outings for me and a additional 7 to IDX Monster. 35 in all from that site so far. Trapper
An excellent accomplishment Jack, and one many can't say they have done before, including myself. I think the craziest part of it all, is most of it came from public area's correct? :shock: looking forward to the next report, in the meantime, good luck out there!
Appreciate your reply Jeff, thank you. Your perception is close, I have dug a good potion from permissions over the years but have been blessed with great numbers from public property. Oh by the way the next report will contain what is my best production hunt of this year. Trapper
You mention what turns out to be the most astounding part Jeff, and others have alluded to...and not to speak for Trapper, but I can tell you because I know....at least 90 if not 95% are public finds. THAT is the insane part.
Your numbers are a little high Kevin but still public grounds have been the best provider to the counts. Went over reports from my last five years of digging and numbers show between 75 and 80% of my Silver are from public grounds. Trapper

Thank you Travis. Remember that my posts generally represent several hunts over weeks. Most of the hunts I only get one or two but they add up. The hunts with big counts are rare although this last site I found has been very spectacular. It has giver up 8, 6, 3 and 11 in four outings for me and a additional 7 to IDX Monster. 35 in all from that site so far. Trapper

Appreciate your reply Jeff, thank you. Your perception is close, I have dug a good potion from permissions over the years but have been blessed with great numbers from public property. Oh by the way the next report will contain what is my best production hunt of this year. Trapper

Your numbers are a little high Kevin but still public grounds have been the best provider to the counts. Went over reports from my last five years of digging and numbers show between 75 and 80% of my Silver are from public grounds. Trapper

I’m always just a little high Trap....;)

Dang trapper, I aspire to find as much silver as you one day....that is IF you leave some behind for us lol
Thank you TP. Reaching a plateau regardless of what the total is, is a matter of time effort, research and knowing your equipment. Oh and in my case havig a bunch of great friends that give continuous support. Trapper
Well Trapper, another milestone. Why am I not surprised ? You sir are the master. A huge ATTABOY for your achievement and another fine harvest of silver. The rings are sweet, as well is the V nickel. Always nice when Lady Liberty shows up. Enjoyed the Video, Kevin is a master in his own right with his knowledge, wit and humor. You are fortunate to have hunting buddies like those guys. Good luck and 200 fty is looking good HH Mark
Appreciate the very kind words mark, thank you. The "V" was special in that hunt and reaching the 1500 on a hunt with Kevin and Anthony made reaching that goal special. For those types of friends I am truly blessed. Reaching 200 might be possible as on my last outing I had my best day of the year and collected 11 Silvers and going back to that site this morning with Kevin to see if i can get a few more. Will be in my next report. Trapper
Wow, congrats on the huge accomplishment on 1,500. That is awesome and well deserved from your hard work. Congrats on the last few weeks loot!
Thank you Jason. Thought you were on vacation enjoying life. I still have a couple of years of digging to catch you but something tells me that just isn't going to happen. You, Dan along with Bruce set a very high standards to follow. Trapper

Congrats on the amazing finds, Trapper! :woot:
Thank you Garret. Been a lot of adventures on the route to 1500. Hope you can experience some good times in your future. Trapper
Mindblowing 1500 silver milestone Trap.
And a silver filled post as usual.
That’s a lot of silver my friend.
That’s a lot of miles and a lot of dirt moved .
Crazy to think about it.
,Dew
Appreciate all your kind words Brad. Your facts are right, a lot of dirt over the years. Still though it is not the numbers but the friendships I have made during these times that impress me. That truly includes you and Bret. Trapper
I want to add to what Trapper said about “40 silvers” Ben...most people come nowhere near that. A lot of people either get distracted by other targets, aren’t on sites WITH silver or just don’t care about it. If you go hunting for silver with a METHOD and with DISCIPLINE you will do well, and 40 for the season is doing well. Don’t kid yourself, only a very small percentage of hunters among the thousands and thousands of hunters out there are going to make it to 40 this year. You’re doing just fine....
Thank you Kevin for expanding the on thought. Your statements are facts and a lot of guys just don't understand the significance there own accomplishments or achievements. Trapper

I was in Norway but just got home last night. Hoping to get an afterwork hunt in tomorrow night as long as my jet lag goes away. Been a couple weeks since I picked up a detector haha. Now you are setting some standards of your own.

Thank you Jason. Thought you were on vacation enjoying life. I still have a couple of years of digging to catch you but something tells me that just isn't going to happen. You, Dan along with Bruce set a very high standards to follow. Trapper[/QUOTE]

Congrats Trapper 1500 career silver is no easy feat. Like the V Nickle as well. Happy Hunting
Thank you Jonny. I have to agree with you, it was not a easy feat. Still it was a pretty great adventure getting this far. A labor of love of sorts. The memories and the people along the way really added a lot of color to make it a even more enjoyable trip. Trapper
Another fine tally post, Trapper! I'm glad your #1500 was a quarter. It is fitting because you have been doing well on the quarters this year. I like the video that IDX posted, too! The personal touch is a good thing. :yes:
Hey, I just thought of something...I dug my 46th silver FTY(a Rosy) today, so if you are at 171, I have passed ONE QUARTER of what "the master" has dug this year! This is a major milestone for me! I should get like a brown belt or something! But enough about me...Congrats on digging another elusive V nickel too! Hey, so did I today! Mine was 1906! Oh, shoot! Talking about me again. Sorry. Keep 'em coming Trapper!
Appreciate your reply Blaise, thank you. I am very thankful of Kevin's video of my event. He is not only a great detectionist but also a great friend. I have some bad news for you, hate to break it like this but I have had 2 hunts since I posted this thread and have had spectacular outings. I added 21 Silver's to the count with 2 double digit outings. Preparing the thread now and editing pictures. Trapper
I was in Norway but just got home last night. Hoping to get an afterwork hunt in tomorrow night as long as my jet lag goes away. Been a couple weeks since I picked up a detector haha. Now you are setting some standards of your own.

Thank you Jason. Thought you were on vacation enjoying life. I still have a couple of years of digging to catch you but something tells me that just isn't going to happen. You, Dan along with Bruce set a very high standards to follow. Trapper
[/QUOTE]
Glad you had a great trip Jason. From your pictures Norway is a beautiful country. It will be nice again to see more sunny California Silver's again adorning this forum. Trapper

Appreciate your reply Blaise, thank you. I am very thankful of Kevin's video of my event. He is not only a great detectionist but also a great friend. I have some bad news for you, hate to break it like this but I have had 2 hunts since I posted this thread and have had spectacular outings. I added 21 Silver's to the count with 2 double digit outings. Preparing the thread now and editing pictures. Trapper

Two double digiters? Can't wait to see that report!
I dug 2 more dimes, so if my math is right, at 48, I'm still in the 25% bracket. :D
Keep on going, Trapper. You're on a roll...again! HH & GL!

Back
Top Bottom