Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Quality Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Caches, Old Bottles, and other Treasures

Old 10-08-2019, 06:02 PM
Elite Member

Default Little gold and some silver

Had to take the to hubs the V.A. this morning for a shot in his back. Did not want to sit in the waiting area so headed back out to the vehicle, decided to cut through parked cars, which I rarely do, and spotted what looked like a mangled pull tab. Stopped looked again and picked it up and low and behold a silver pendant (925). No scratches on it so I am thinking fresh dropped. The other 2 came from a thrift shop just a little ways down the road. Saw the Mexico on the "fish" and the little heart O link was soldered and I have and even smaller one already so I took a chance. It is marked but VERY small. Not a bad day...
Attached Images

Old 10-09-2019, 09:23 AM
Elite Member

Some more nice scores Gale, congrats!

☆Oldest Coin FTY:1722 Woods Hibernia☆

Old 10-09-2019, 11:50 AM

That's great! I always have my eyes on the ground in parking lots looking for items people have dropped. It pays off! Great finds.

Old 10-10-2019, 06:33 PM
Supporter

Thats So COOL! I eyeball parking lots for giggles when I have to be there for some other reason...just like you did! I'm eyeballing for bills along the edges, coins, jewelry, whatnot...I thought I must be crazy, but I guess I'm not alone!

Detecting is the study of Mankinds interaction with topography, the untrustworthiness of pockets, and metals desire to return to the Earth from whence it came.

Old 10-11-2019, 07:29 AM
Elite Member

"Ground goodies" are always fun. But in all reality I do feel bad for people that lose stuff. I guess because I'm sure some of it means a great deal to these people and maybe given by a child or husband. But at the same time somebodies gotta find it and why not me. I'm glad I got it before street sweeper came through the parking lot.....

Old 10-18-2019, 11:01 PM
Supporter

Geez, you're poppin' silver just walking around now! I'm starting to think gold and silver is finding you!
Nice going.