Some silver and a pretty old canadian!

ChrisnAmanda1

Elite Member
Amanda and I got the chance to get out and hunt a very old area where we got the chance to talk to an old time who was more than happy to give us a tour of where everything used to be. Amongst this tour, he pointed out an old building and told us there had previously been a church there in the earlier 1900's, a play ground, multiple old houses, etc etc. We decided to hit the old school yard / church. Didn't take long for Amanda to dig up a wheatie (1951) and then a very old beat up silver ring. Not long after I dug up a 1929 Canadian penny AND a 1953 wheatie in the same plug! Few minutes go by and I get a solid 27 on the nox with that sweet tone to it. Down about 4 inches or so I see the beautiful shine of silver. Nothing fancy, 1963 rosie, but it still counts! Lol! Pulled out another junk ring right after that. We havent even started to get into this area yet, we were only able to grid out one little square area because we kept getting targets. Hopefully the rest of the area proves to be as productive!

Attachments

• 20191015_102543.jpg
    20191015_102543.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 336
  • Screenshot_20191015-103705_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191015-103705_Gallery.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 273
Very nice you two! Glad to see you get out and make some good finds. That area sure sounds promising and I hope you hit it hard!

Very nice you two! Glad to see you get out and make some good finds. That area sure sounds promising and I hope you hit it hard!

Thanks! In the last 2 days we've pulled out 6 rings, 2 of them are marked either sterling, 925 or look silver as can be. We're up to 4 wheaties, 1 silver dime and a bunch of random here n there cool finds. Definitely enjoying this new spot!!

Congrats on the neat finds, Chris & Amanda! Glad to see you posting some silver again! :woot:

I recently found a 1956 Canadian cent. :D

Niiiiiice Canadian. Just for squats and giggles Google a "3 dot Canadian penny" and you were only a few years off. If you find one in good condition it's only worth about 243 MILLION dollars. I still check ALL my pennies here in Maine (ayuh!).

Nice digs! You know, I was just wondering if I was ever going to dig one of those old Canadian cents. I commonly come home with one Canadian penny in the bunch, and it's often from the 40s or 50s. Cool coin!

Back
Top Bottom