• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Big silver in the wall !

dirt dick

Elite Member
I made it out this evening, for a quick curb strip hunt before sundown.
I hunted a curb strip that I've been on before.
Why hadn't I dug this before?
It's pretty trashy with lots of can slaw and nails.
I got a rich solid vdi at 33 on the EQ, dug down 5" on the wall of the hole I see a big silver rim.
I thought it was gonna be a silver half.... But as I whisked the dirt away from the wall the silver rim started to grow wider...
My first silver Dollar!
1880 o mint
I almost did a cart wheel down the street!
My 40th silver on the season,
If it snowed 3 feet next week,
I could hibernate happily!
D D [emoji361]
c85a33aebeb753e2814cd955194a0aa9.jpg
49160571c0346b9112013131bbe94936.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Wowzer!! I'm always on the lookout for curbstrips with potential, but haven't found a silver dollar! Nice recovery. And congrats on #40. That's a doozy!

That's an incredible find - congratulations! :woot: Nice job on reaching fourty silvers, too.

Nice score,those are rare..Congrats..I always go over the same curbstrips and find things I missed,and always wonder how they’re still there..I’ve killed the curbs in front of my house and still pull old coins every few months.

Very nice Big Shiny! Sure sounds like you had some serious excitement after seeing that, and so would I! I did pull a Peace Dollar out of a curb strip where I live, have not found a Morgan yet so hopefully still have that to look forward to.

Wow !!!! Congrats, that is nice !!!! :thumbsup:

No curb strips in my immediate area but looks like I might need to find some after seeing that ! :lol:

That thing is gorgeous! I can only imagine the excitement of pulling such a huge silver coin out of the ground!

Thank you all for the comments,
Knowing the feeling of finding silver halves, is a thrill.
This coin find was a little more intense..
I think I had the shakes for a few minutes after pulling
Mrs Morgan out of the dirt.
I gave her a hot soapy bath [emoji8]
One question I have for others that have found silver dollars,
Does it spoil you now, After finding one....and you next silver coin is only smaller
( Oh gee , it's just a silver quarter, or oh it's just another silver dime...[emoji849])
cbebb9b5fe36200f5aa3cae8476322ba.jpg
d5f2b98baa81af5dc7e98cfdcb68fa20.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom