How does it look

Usa

Elite Member
Hey,just a quick question.what does silver look like fresh dug.no cleaning no rubbing?

Hey,just a quick question.what does silver look like fresh dug.no cleaning no rubbing?

have found only 2 silver coins and BOTH looked like they were dropped yesterday.

I have seen others here that people have found and they looked black so I don't know.. around here the soil is MUCH kinder to silver.

I've only found 3 pieces, 2 dimes and a quarter. All 3 were as shinny as the day they were dropped. I'm not an expert by any means, but I would assume it would have a lot to do with soil makeup and/ or moisture conditions...

Depends on the ground. Sometimes it has dirt and mud caked to it. Sometimes it pops out clean like it just came from the bank. You will begin to pay attention to minor details of a coin to see if it was dug or not.

IMHO there is nothing more pretty than seeing the rim of a silver coin in dark soil. It always excites me to see that. I think I have only found two silvers that were dark. One of those was in the water.

I've seen silver come out of the ground shiny, if lost a long time they may be gray. If lost in a low area that gets alot of water they may be black or a blueish or purple. Seen a few that still have the mint luster. HH Jerry

As stated depends on the ground and the minerals. Most silver looking in most ground conditions. Others grey to black. In the water blue grey to black. Mostly black and crusty in salt and inland lakes. Great lakes are the kindest water it seems.

Today's Pocket change a few inches down or in the ground a wile is often rusty red or brown black .
1964 and older pocket change is beutifulšŸ˜
And silver is the brightest and most reflective metal known to man. You should notice it as soon as you see it .

Attachments

• IMG_0768.jpg
    IMG_0768.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 78
Back
Top Bottom