Help!

Dan_Turner589

Alright guys here it goes.....I’m hunting for a new pinpointer and looking for info to help me choose. Would like to go waterproof and something that doesn’t interfere with my equinox. Price isn’t a factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright guys here it goes.....I’m hunting for a new pinpointer and looking for info to help me choose. Would like to go waterproof and something that doesn’t interfere with my equinox. Price isn’t a factor.

dunno about interference, but garrott or trx would be my reccomendation

I am using the Garrett Pro-Pointer AT. It runs at 11.5 kHz, and is waterproof to 10 feet or so. I don't have my Equinox yet ( next week ), so I can't say if or how it will affect the equinox, but I don't notice any interference on my F-70 or the TreasureTek Elite. I turn the pin pointer off until I find something, so maybe that's why it doesn't interfere. Hope this helped a little.

Can't say much about anything else, but the Garrett Pro-Pointer AT (Carrot) seems to be very durable. I use one and I've gotten it wet, dirty, muddy and even dropped it a time or two. Seems to be a solid performer. Waterproof to 10' and has multiple settings and very user friendly. Battery life is very respectable as well....Good luck...HH

For the depth of water you'll be in, Garrett ProPointer A/T is the way to go (assuming it doesn't interfere with your detector).

Thanks for the replies all, I am trying to figure out which is better the Garrett carrot or the fisher f pulse

Dan, I use a Garrett carrot, I hunt with the Equinox and have had no issues. Its rugged and waterproof, can't tell you how many muddy holes its been in, just put it in a puddle and rinse it off. Bought it in AUG. of 15 and its been on every hunt with me. I carry a TRX as back up and when digging around tree roots the tip pointing comes in handy but my go to is the carrot. Good luck. Mark

Garrett Carrot. Orange one. Good unit. Ive got one.
Hat Whites TRx.. Descent but mine wasnt waterproof
Go thru forum sponsor for one

Back
Top Bottom