Another ATP or or should I try ATgold??

71duster

I'm buying a new detector, I've had wonderful luck with ATP but thinking of trying something new. I used atp on standard mode for couple hours when I first started using it, then switched to pro mode and never looked back. I love old coins, relics, especially civil war relics. Anyway I'd like your input,, should I just get another ATP or something different (I have been looking hard at ATgold) maybe GTI I'm just not sure. I want quality over bells and whistles. I would rather have better frequency over cordless headphones (which I don't use cause the places I like are quiet and I like to hear trouble before it's on top of me), gps or Sirius(lol) etc. Anyway you guys were great in helping me with my last pick (the ATP) and ask for your input once again thanks in advance and happy hunting!!

I for one love the at pro,awesome machine...I bought a at gold,now this is coming from someone us to running a at pro...
Tha audio on the at gold is clipped,not the smooth tone roll of the at pro.The at gold performance was great,but I was really let down by the audio and how badly the targets were clipped.No tone roll if you know what I mean.JMO
I wouldn't buy another at gold for that reason

the deus would have been my suggestion if your hunting relics but it wouldnt suit you since you dont like headphones.

Dang I hate to hear that about the ATgold cause I was thinking hard bout getting one to try the 18 frq. for relics old coins, and since I have ATP if I get ATgold I could play with the different coils on the different machines and when I go detecting with my son or anyone, they could use the atp and I would use atgold,,, and as far as deus it was one I was considering cause I like the idea of trying the variable frequency it has, but again I don't like headphones, however I have used headphones one ear on one ear off style so I can hear what's in the ground and still paying attention to my surroundings. One other thing i guess I should have said is I never hit beaches, love farms, the mountains, small towns (I live near small town) just beaches are not my cup of tea, even though I enjoy watching videos of some of you guys pulling some cool stuff out of beaches,,, any more thoughts??? Thanks

When you ask questions like this you are gonna get answers all over the place. Me and woodbucher above disagree on the at pro he loves it, I hunted with one and found some killer relics with it and upgraded to the deus. For me the deus is on another level than the pro and I would NEVER use a at pro again. so good luck on your journey.

I'm buying a new detector, I've had wonderful luck with ATP but thinking of trying something new. I used atp on standard mode for couple hours when I first started using it, then switched to pro mode and never looked back. I love old coins, relics, especially civil war relics. Anyway I'd like your input,, should I just get another ATP or something different (I have been looking hard at ATgold) maybe GTI I'm just not sure. I want quality over bells and whistles. I would rather have better frequency over cordless headphones (which I don't use cause the places I like are quiet and I like to hear trouble before it's on top of me), gps or Sirius(lol) etc. Anyway you guys were great in helping me with my last pick (the ATP) and ask for your input once again thanks in advance and happy hunting!!

At Gold does give you all metal,,,vs At Pro.

Lots of choices out there,,,,,F75dst,,the ones you mentioned,,,Xp Deus,,if you could find aka Sorex,,,Makro Racer 2,,White's MXt/MXT pro,,,White's VX3, Nokta FORS relic, aka berkut,,Fisher T2 Classic,,,I'm sure I left a few good ones out.

Good luck whatever you decide.

I had the ATG and the ATP at the same time , sold the Gold and kept the Pro.

Now I have neither one but I still like the ATP well enough.

I've gone through quite a few different machines ..Lots of choices out there and lots of opinions too , so it's a tough choice to make.

The at gold has a threshold which makes a HUGE difference IMO. That constant hum helps a lot. Also I believe it may be a tad deeper than the at pro. I remember digging a seated dime in a farm field with my at pro at around 7" and it sounded like !!!!! My buddy came over with his gold and it sounded much better, and he was using the 5x8 while I was using the 8.5x11. I just purchased the gold in December and every hunt I've found silver. Can't say I had the same luck with the at pro but I think that has more to do with location than anything else. IMOthe at gold is better at target I.d. And depth. If I were you though I would just buy a minelab :D HH!

I'm an ATP owner and my next detector is going to be the DEUS...although, I'm excited about the new Deteknix wireless unit that Santa brought me, and the fact that I got canned the day after Xmas...it may take some time before I can get my new DEUS.

Good Luck and Happy Hunting out there.....

HDD

Cellrdwllr has a buddy that has used an AT gold for years. That kid absolutely kills it every single time he goes out. If I had to choose between the ATP and the ATG, I would probably go with the ATG. Not a huge fan of the 18KHz operating frequency, but, the all metal functionality good to have. I often hunt in AM mode on my V3i. It is great in clean ground.

The word is , Garrett is releasing a new AT detector model this year. If I were in a position to buy another detector I would atleast wait and see what it may be first. ;)

If I already had an ATP I would be looking to diversify , not that other detectors are better but because different detectors excell at different things. Something like the whites mx sport , etc. that will expand your options.

Hey guys,, THANK YOU very much for all your input. As for the question why would I get a second ATP is I need a back up metal detector for my family and friends and I'm having such great luck with mine I KNOW they would have an easy good time using one too. I have had Tesoro's before, in fact I believe it has helped become a better detector because I listen for tone more than I look at vdi( until atp I never had vdi). Anyway I'm down to the deus and ATGold,, I'll be pulling the trigger quickly. I would like to thank you guys for all the different opinions and information it helps narrow a broad choice!!! Thanks!!

Anyway I'm down to the deus and ATGold,, I'll be pulling the trigger quickly. I would like to thank you guys for all the different opinions and information it helps narrow a broad choice!!! Thanks!!

There's no comparison, the Deus is much more capable than an ATG.

Back
Top Bottom