Forum Member Map - (defunct)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carol K

Co-owner
Admin
Thanks to Puddlejumper, I have created a map for the forum. It took me a few minutes to figure out.

Here's the URL for it. Try it out. I don't know if you have to register or not. Try clicking "Add a Marker" above the map.

http://platial.com/map/Friendly-Metal-Detecting-Forum/535148#

Here's the FAQ - Help File

==============================

Check this out though... I created a Frapper Guest Map

http://platial.com/mapv/Friendly+Metal+Detecting+Forum/535438

Is this a better layout for our purposes? It seems to be more user friendly.

I just added Vlad and I, and it was easier, no registration, but Vlad and I are all over the bottom? Hahahaha

So basicly it appears you need to click to add a marker

Then put your member name where it says "Place"

Then type in your full address, or it may put you in another state with the same address.

For instance I just typed in Tripp, SD and it put us on the highway outside of Tripp.

Of course if you would prefer members not knowing where you live, then that would be best.

If anyone else has any tips then please post them here. :yes:

Are you sure you didn't have to register? I can't seem to find the "Place" link as you mentioned. Might be that I can't see the forest for the trees.

Gary

Is there a link above the map that says Add a Marker?

You may have to register, I'm not sure, it's an Open Map, but only open to Platial members?

I registered and it took less than a minute. Clicked the "add marker", then when the box popped up just put screen name where it says "place name" towards the bottom of the box, then clicked on the map approximately where I wanted the marker. Then select a icon and thats about it.

Cool... there's 4 members on it now. :D

It's nice being able to "mouseover" the names and you can see where everyone is.

Much better than the last map we had.

Well I registered, but sometimes I show up and sometimes I don't....
Very little in the way of directions on the site.....
When last I left there were 6 of us there.... maybe I'll show up for you..... :D

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Guess I'm on a trip !!!! :spin:

I have no idea.... I even went back and tried to delete it and start all over again, but I can't seem to do that either.... :?:

OK I went back and actually read the FAQ.... I think I've fixed it now......

Last edited:
Benny did you try clicking on the Add a Marker? See if that works.

So I guess this map is not perfect either. I see SeabeeRon's beach is in the ocean.

Just another toy to play with. ;)

Nice! Now there's 12 member locations. :D

But who is Kathy32526??? Another Platial member? :lol:

I'm on! Its not exactly dial-up user friendly but I have nothing better to do with my time. Oh and I had to register.

Benny did you try clicking on the Add a Marker? See if that works.

So I guess this map is not perfect either. I see SeabeeRon's beach is in the ocean.

Just another toy to play with. ;)

That was my bad Carol!:no::roll: I actually am on there twice and can't figure out how to delete one.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom