Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Quality Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > How to Use Your Metal Detector

Old 04-14-2018, 04:13 PM

If you have an accessible park nearby, I would at least divide your time with it, even if what you find will be mostly modern coins. Park 1 should work fine. Just noise cancel, ground balance and go. You'll quickly get a feel for what works.

Old 04-14-2018, 04:36 PM
Supporter

Smile Just keep hunting

Here in PA in my ground, a penny can ring 20-24, a dime 25-26, A quarter a solid 30, and a nickel a solid 12. I am using the Nox 600 just like you. You need to get to a place where you can find some coins even if they are clads. I learned myself and you will too but you must keep hunting and I promise it will get better. I find a lot of clads at sports stadiums but not on the fields.
Good luck and HH
Bubbaron NOX 600, AT PRO, AT PRO CARROT PIN POINTER

Old 04-23-2018, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Fool View post
Well this is my first year detecting so I'm definitely learning every time I go out. But still haven't found anything worth showing. Using an eq600 in a trash infested old home site, I just get so many signals I don't know what to dig!!! The only 31 I got was a random top to a jar I believe. I get tons of things hitting 14-19...so much chatter I can't believe all the junk here. I guess I should try a park until I get better???

Hi Fool, I have a nox 600 and am new this year too. I think i had the same problem. Try turning down the sensitivity, i mean way down. I am running mine at 15/16 sensitivity, when i was getting way too much sound from my machine. I went from not being able to take 2 steps to being able to id pretty much everything i was hearing, and finding everything else that my old machine missed. Also I just left it in park 1 mode.