Finicky pinpointer pairing

Island Guy

Saw comments regarding this on another thread that is like 8 pages long and more about personality conflicts than solutions.
Seems that way to me at least.
Love my Deaus 2 and it is the best dirt Hunter I’ve ever used.
My only problem has been that sometimes when I turn the pinpointer on it doesn’t always connect. I turn it off and back on and just doing that once usually fixes it.
The unit is going on 2 months old and using it an hour or 2 almost daily.
Anyone else experienced this and found a solution?
Or do you just live with it?
Which I could probably do
Thanks!

Saw comments regarding this on another thread that is like 8 pages long and more about personality conflicts than solutions.
Seems that way to me at least.
Love my Deaus 2 and it is the best dirt Hunter I’ve ever used.
My only problem has been that sometimes when I turn the pinpointer on it doesn’t always connect. I turn it off and back on and just doing that once usually fixes it.
The unit is going on 2 months old and using it an hour or 2 almost daily.
Anyone else experienced this and found a solution?
Or do you just live with it?
Which I could probably do
Thanks!

Happens with me too. But I like how pinpointer works when it is linked.
May do a video shortly. Showing example of linking or not linking.
Did a test run and 20 times consecutively pinpointer linked.
Charging my battery some in mI6.
Will do video with multiple multiple linkings. Unedited video will be posted. So whatever happens will be shown.

I have had the same issue with paired Mi-6 turning on and Deus 2 not switching automatically to pinpointer mode. Once that happens I sometimes can get it to work by using your method. Sometimes I can't and I just go through the pairing process again and it will work for a while. This issue is not new. I experienced similar behavior with Deus 1 and the Mi-6 and while using the ORX. I too really appreciate being able to truly silent search in a crowded park or hunt and hear the pinpointer audio through headphones. I don't appreciate that this has been going on for years and still isn't resolved. I also don't like to waste time on it. When it works it's great. When it doesn't I feel basically cheated.

I have similar issues with the WS6 module not turning on at startup when the remote is master.

Video showing how Xp MI-6 pinpointer can actually have delayed linking. User’s of MI-6 Pointer may find this useful.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C5UGn_At-eA

David, that is a very good video.

Here is my problem. I never use a shovel, only rarely use a Lesche type hand digger. I use a long screwdriver most of the time. I locate a target, kneel down, put my Deus 2 down on the ground next to me on my right. I grab my Mi-6 with my right hand, screwdriver is in my left hand. I turn on my Mi-6 with it being at least one foot off the ground. So the closest metal is the screwdriver which is in my left hand at least a foot away from my pinpointer and the aluminum upper shaft and the Deus 2 remote which is laying on the ground to my right. I used to carry a concealed weapon but those got band even for CCW holders 2 months ago by some idiots on the Denver City Council. So no other large metal is within a foot of my Mi-6.

I may be guilty of turning my mi6 on when near my upper rod on Deus 1 and Deus 2. Who knows.
Anyways.
Some folks may not realize turning on close to metal could delay linking. I didn’t until today. Yeah. Some here call me a know it all. That’s BS. Prove that with what I just admitted.

Folks keep watching my videos. No telling what I may discover next.

David, you are a good tester.

Your testing sometimes applies to me and sometimes it doesn't. I watch the ones that interest me and always learn something even when I disagree with your stated conclusions . Thanks for your work.

Could be part of the problem although I turn the pin pointer on while holding it in front of me away from any metal. Anyway not too big a deal. Turning off and back on works if needed. Just wondering if others are seeing it too. And apparently they are. If that's my only problem I'm a happy camper

So one day this week I took at the D1 and never had one time when the pinpointer didn't pair with the the remote. Probably 30 times. Yesterday with the D2 probably half the time I had to turn off and turn back on the pinpointer to pair.
Look forward to a fix on that. The one and only complaint I have so life is pretty good!

I like pinpointer pairing so I can hear it in the headphones and not draw attention from nearby spectators. I thought I would like the Mi6 device and had a new one with each of the four ORX units I had. With only one of them I did not have a pairing issue. With the other three ORX units and three Mi6 pinpointers it was sporadic. No issues with turning them on if close to any metal object.

I use to own four Garrett Apex units, each with their own MS3 Heafphones and ATPropointer all Z-Lynked together and they connected quickly, every time, and worked well. I sold three of those set-ups and my main-use Apex is linked with the headphones and Propointers w/o issue.

I also have five sets of MS3 Headphones and AT Propointer and a wireless Transmitter full-time connected to a Fisher F-75+, Fisher F-19, Tesoro Silver Sabre microMAX, Bandido II microMAX, and one more 'set' I can switch between a couple of other units. Never an issue with pairing and performance. Finally I parted with the last ORX and Mi6 so no more periods of frustration.

Monte

Back
Top Bottom