Drought Spanish

Great hunt, Jeff! Congratulations on the 1782 real. :woot:

I'm glad to see your post! Garrett & I haven't been detecting much this year, either; yet over the past months, I've thought to myself several times that we ought to get in touch with you, just to catch up. :grin: I hope that you & your family are doing well!

Amazing find, Jeff! All I've ever found are 1/2 reales. This summer has been death for metal detecting. Ground is way too dry right now. I've been detecting dried up streams and hitting a 1950's bottle dump to pass the time. Happy hunting!

Congrats man, thats a beauty!
I'll give you a shout when i'm back up there, i am back down south for a few weeks...

Dang, That is crazy. Super congrats Cellr :clapping:
Thanks!
Beautiful reale !
Appreciate it Tom, glad it wasn't copper :yes:
Wow that’s great! I was just complaining about it bing hot and dry. It sounds like dry is good for you. I guess I need to change my hunting sites.
Creek hunting is very fun, I definitely recommend it!
Way to go Jeff.

The Charles River near me is so dried up, you can walk across it in spots. This was on the local news and ABC national news!
Well what are you waiting for Jim? :digginahole: thanks for checking in, see you in October!
Wow, that is a beautiful Reale, congrats on a wonderful recovery! Be sure to check for some good old bottles while you are in the water, some nice finds are made that way.
Thank you LTS! I have yet to find a whole bottle at this site, old bottles anyway. I always look for nice glass though :yes: happy hunting!
Awesome reale Jeff, love the photos. Amazingly clean headstamp too, pretty, but the coin... :wow:
Thanks Jeff! It wad a pleasant surprise, most signals in that range at this spot are fishing lures. I'll take those too! :yes: good luck out there!
That's an old coin right there.
Makes you wonder how long it's been in the water, and how it was still within reach of detection.
Congrats on the Reale! Sweet pictures and great write up.
Thank you very much!
Congrats on the one Reale ! Slim pickings are better than no pickings, especially when they are quality pickings! I have not been able to get out as much as normal this year, but have scored a couple good finds when I have been as well.
Thanks! Been so hot, and the bugs were crazy this year. I find it much easier to hunt near or in the water in the summertime.
I'll take quality slim pickings over a bucket of trash any day 😅
Oh there was plenty of trash too, lots of lead split shot and miscellaneous brass factory parts. I love digging old fishing lures just as much as old coins, and this spot is littered with those as well. Thanks for looking!
Great Reale! Congrats.

Steve
Thanks Steve!
Congrats on the Spanish silver, a sweet save for sure. Will that clean up ? A Reale is on my list but not likely. The places I hunt are too modern. Good to see you got out Jeff and I hope you at least double the silver count fty. Good luck. Mark
Thanks Mark! The coin starting flaking at the edges, so I put it in a 2x2 flip before it broke into pieces. Not sure what detail is left under the crust, I'm afraid I'll lose detail if I pick it off.
Wow, now we are talking. Finding that Reale is the real McCoy of old finds...congrats!
Thank you, reales are rare for me, and most are half reales. So I'll take the 1 Reale for sure.
Very nice!
Thank you!
Congrats cellr, definitely a nice one! Would love to find Spanish!
Thanks RRF!
Great framing that coin picture.
Thank you!
Congrats Jeff, on the nice old Spanish coin. Only 11 silvers? That's ten more than me........:lol:
Thanks Ed, hopefully with the cooler weather coming, things will pick up for us both!
Wow! Nice hunting Jeff, Love the Spanish silver, Congrats!
Appreciate it Ron!
Jeff, that is one Royally Nice Reale! Royal Congrats and best of luck on your next hunt in that vicinity!
Thank you KT!!!
Great hunt, Jeff! Congratulations on the 1782 real. :woot:

I'm glad to see your post! Garrett & I haven't been detecting much this year, either; yet over the past months, I've thought to myself several times that we ought to get in touch with you, just to catch up. :grin: I hope that you & your family are doing well!
Thank you Chelsea, I have also thought of you and your brother alot. Hope all is well, and you guys will get some more time to enjoy the hobby in the near future!
Great find, Jeff! Congratulations! :woot:
Thanks Garrett, hope you and the family are doing well!
Amazing find, Jeff! All I've ever found are 1/2 reales. This summer has been death for metal detecting. Ground is way too dry right now. I've been detecting dried up streams and hitting a 1950's bottle dump to pass the time. Happy hunting!
Thanks Tim! The woods lately have been miserable, much easier hunting near water. Good luck this spring!
Congrats man, thats a beauty!
I'll give you a shout when i'm back up there, i am back down south for a few weeks...
Thanks Zee, definitely let me know when your back. Time was not on my side for the last several weeks. Things will be slowing down now though.

That coin is very impressive Jeff. Congrats on you new oldest Silver. I understand how life gets in the way with our fun, The priorities are a necessary commodity for our chosen lives. Get out there when you can and then enjoy the time spent. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom