Back To The 1890's Park For Some Chilly November Hunts

HistoryFinder89

Elite Member
Hey folks, this is my haul for the week. Most of my hunting was done at my 1890's park, a small portion was done at a 1930's public area. Nothing jaw dropping here, but a pretty good haul, considering that these are public sites. I was recently notified by an older gentleman that this park gets hunted regularly by someone else. Very rarely do I see other people hunting this 1890's park, but I have seen a few people hunting it, and have heard some stories from generations ago until now of what people have found here. The dollars, the half dollars, the rings, etc. A lot of Barbers, a bunch of Seateds, etc. This place must have been something else back in the day. It still is! I am convinced that there is more gold jewelry here, and maybe a real shocker like a gold coin or something. Who knows but, I will be going back and digging more pull tabs. I have dug somewhere around 70 pulltabs in a couple hunts there, so I do believe I am on the right track. Thanks for looking Everyone, have a great weekend, and HH Everyone! :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 525
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 491
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 506
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 521
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 530
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 502
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 507
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 512
  • 99.jpg
    99.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 475
  • 999.jpg
    999.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 490
  • 9999.jpg
    9999.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 491
  • 99999.jpg
    99999.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 485
  • 999999.jpg
    999999.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 481
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 490
Nice haul of Silver and other cool coins! :woot: You sure are hitting it very hard and good. :thumbsup: Keep it up, I'm sure there's more. :mder:

Nice photo play-by-play. Thanx for taking us along. How deep does the silver tend to be here ?

Jeez-Louise what a week, Thats outstanding. They must have had fairs or carnivals back in the day. Great site you have there. Good luck on the gold coin hunt, I purposely have been avoiding the 12-17thru 12-27 #s. too many tabs, I guess I should dig them, sooner or later it could pay off. HH Mark

Nice photo play-by-play. Thanx for taking us along. How deep does the silver tend to be here ?
Usually 5 to 6 inches at the most. But the soil conditions are somewhat different here. It lowers my auto sensitivity significantly. It can be challenging here at times. I find a lot of orange and black stained silver coins here.

Nothing jaw dropping indeed! I would give anything for a day like that!

Last edited:
Another amazing park hunting post! Very not very.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"nothing jaw dropping"

That's more silver than I find in the average year!

And more Indians than I've found in 8 years of detecting!

Epic week!!!

Holy *%$#,, I realize it's a weeks worth of silver, but very nice!!!

Not sure I would have posted anything until I felt I had hunted it out., but good luck sir and good luck keeping ht secret.

Congrats on the couple dozen silvers, the sterling school ring, Indians, nickels and that very cool lead baseball player...stellar week of digging!

AMAZING haul! Old coins, relics, and rings, what more could one ask for? Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom