Quality Electrolysis Tank V 2.0

OP3CRIMSIN

I took some of yall's great ideas and refitted my tank and it's ready for action!

picture.php

picture.php

First is an idea of my own; I added a fill/drain spigot with shutoff ball valve sandwiched between two o-rings for a watertight seal. This seemed necessary as it's honestly a large tank and draining it now won't require moving it while full or bailing out the muck with a bowl or bucket.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Next, I added three more plates to close some of the gap since someone indicated that electrolysis works by line of sight. I did notice that the center axe head wasn't bubbling as much as the outer ones so I've now got two plates inbetween the thicker outside corner ones, AND another on the side of the tank. Again, all are wrapped together with 8gau copper wire and ring terminals.

picture.php

Next, I replaced the galvanized steel conductor strip with a much more conductive copper one. It looks like swiss cheese, but that was all Home Depot offered. I also changed out the negative post with a much thicker bolt so that the negative alligator clip had some beef to grab.

picture.php

I junked the hanging wire between two washers idea and went with a more purposeful copper bonding lug. I installed three of them evenly spaced apart for most any size item and to keep the weight centered, I drilled three adjacent holes where the wire will be fed through the center of the 2x4 and into the lugs.

picture.php

Top down view. I'm proud of my little mad scientist project :) Any more ideas? Keep 'em coming!

Aaaaaaand I cooked my charger :( Removed the positive clip while still plugged in and then the transformer buzzed and eventually smoked. At least I'm pretty sure that was the action that dunit. Any recommendations on a good selectable DC charger that isn't a car charger but could still fit the bill?

Maybe a diesel related or perhaps a marine battery charger fit to recharge multiple marine batteries. Also by getting a marine charger they have a microprocessor that won't let it kill itself and being able to select different amps

Sweet tub btw, I seen the pictures and knew it was you! hehe

Maybe a diesel related or perhaps a marine battery charger fit to recharge multiple marine batteries. Also by getting a marine charger they have a microprocessor that won't let it kill itself and being able to select different amps

Sweet tub btw, I seen the pictures and knew it was you! hehe

My reputation precedes me :)))

I know Grainger offers a DC power supply 0-90 volts and it is only about $50:D

I found a similar one with adjustable voltage and amps up to 30V for half a bill. Impatience got the best of me but unless I'm trying to get answers out of terrorists, I can't see what else I'd need 90V for lol

Back
Top Bottom