They Don't Write Like That Anymore

quaidmon

Forum Supporter
The thread with the Frank Zappa picture got me thinking, what happened to real Rock n Roll? Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, the Beatles, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison. They all seemed to put their heart and soul into their music.

The thread with the Frank Zappa picture got me thinking, what happened to real Rock n Roll? Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, the Beatles, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison. They all seemed to put their heart and soul into their music.

Money happened...

Listen to the words and not the sounds and you may or may not hear some serious soul searching wordsmith.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

When I was in high school a friend had a poster that said Jim Morrison An American Poet. Janis Joplin put a passion into every song she sang, you just knew she loved doing it.
Two of my favorite albums are The Doors Soft Parade and the Kinks Soap Opera. I can't go camping without them.

I got a rare Beatles album cover back in the first grade in the late '60s from my teacher who said her daughter was cleaning out her albums. Nobody wanted the Beatles so I got stuck with it:lol: Still have the album but my hamster chewed on the cover for a nest or something in the '70's:lol:

Deep appreciation for lyrics...Kris Kristofferson and John Fogerty's...actually, any genre of music with interesting lyrics paired with a balanced sound track..even ABBA...Elton John...

Although, some of the newer offerings involve some extensive rewrite modifications, the cadence and peramberator is perfect for detecting..so in the spirit of Weird Al...I rewrite the lyrics with a Metal Detecting theme to amuse myself and hunt steady...

Geto Boys..."Darn it feels good to be a Cladder"

Mackelmores' Thrift Shop..."I'm out to pop some Clad":laughing:

One of my favorite lines in music John Fogerty " Put me in coach I'm ready to play today" Centerfield was a great album.

One of my favorite singers died a couple of years ago, Ronnie James Dio. At least Bruce Dickinson (sp?) is still around.

I can't really offer an opinion on today's singers, since I don't listen to them and only know the names of them when they get publicity for a fight they're having with another singer. I am only exaggerating slightly. I also hear about them when people complain of their overuse of auto-tune.

I listen to ICP for the pleasure of irritating my friends. :) My friend Geoff calls it "clown rap" which he abbreviates to c-rap. :)

-- Tom

One of my favorite singers died a couple of years ago, Ronnie James Dio. At least Bruce Dickinson (sp?) is still around.

I can't really offer an opinion on today's singers, since I don't listen to them and only know the names of them when they get publicity for a fight they're having with another singer. I am only exaggerating slightly. I also hear about them when people complain of their overuse of auto-tune.

I listen to ICP for the pleasure of irritating my friends. :) My friend Geoff calls it "clown rap" which he abbreviates to c-rap. :)

-- Tom

My first concert was Dio's "The Last in Line" tour...

love his music

-- Tom

Ronnie IS my favorite Singer of all time.. RIP and his Lyrics are second to none. good job on his shout out !!!

-- Tom
You're friends with Geoff Tate? Woah!

Another favorite is by The Band 'Life Is A Carnival". Always makes me happy.

If I really need a lift Bob Marley's "3 Little Birds" does it.

Been hung up on Meatloaf lately, there's so much going on in the music and each song is a story.

Back
Top Bottom