Cold and wet 10k

Awesome find and congrats, I think I might hit up the sturgeon river just to turn on the machine.

Nice job. You deserve it putting up with those conditions.

Do you do anything special to your Garrett to keep it waterproof?

Thanks

Nice job. You deserve it putting up with those conditions.

Do you do anything special to your Garrett to keep it waterproof?

Thanks

Only thing I do is put a thin film of dielectric grease on the O ring for the battery compartment and the cable O rings. I also take the batts out and cables off a couple times a year and clean the O rings and the threads and leads.

Sand gets everywhere and locks everything up if you leave it too long. No where near as bad as salt water hunters get on their machines, but you do want to keep up on your gear.

Yeah and forget about ever getting your shaft apart after a few trips under the water. Make sure it's right where you want it because it will be welded together!
I have a separate AT Pro I use for dirt hunting because I like a longer reach in the water.

Good luck out there! :cool:

Only thing I do is put a thin film of dielectric grease on the O ring for the battery compartment and the cable O rings. I also take the batts out and cables off a couple times a year and clean the O rings and the threads and leads.

Sand gets everywhere and locks everything up if you leave it too long. No where near as bad as salt water hunters get on their machines, but you do want to keep up on your gear.

Yeah and forget about ever getting your shaft apart after a few trips under the water. Make sure it's right where you want it because it will be welded together!
I have a separate AT Pro I use for dirt hunting because I like a longer reach in the water.

Good luck out there! :cool:

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom