New at Metal Detecing

Hi! I'm new to metal detecting and I'm a little confused on how to use my detector properly. I've tried you tube video and read the manual a bunch of times but I'm more of a hands on learner. I was wondering if anyone wouldn't mind letting tag along with them on a hunt and show me how to use my equipment and dig properly please that would be great! its my first detector :grin:

I tried my Teknetics Classic T2 in air test inside house. The highest sensitivity that worked inside the house was 80 which beeped on a dime out to 10".

If you want to hear trash beeps besides coin beeps, then set discrimination lower. Discrimination will also let you reject items that have conductivities different from coins.

Do the sites you've tried detecting have extreme trash? If so, you need the 5" DD Teknetics coil, 8.5" on dime in air test. Very expensive new, but used ones can be had much cheaper, about $50-$75 used. Teknetics has a 5x10" coil for the T2, I picked one up used for only $60. What else would you like to know? The more specific the questions, the easier they are to answer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom