AT Pro Multiple Tones

Some sites are just unhuntable do to the amount and density of trash.....I say they are unhuntable just because anything that may be there just isn't worth the time and frustration involved in hunting there , and indeed there is a good chance that there really isn't anything worthwhile there to find anyway. I try to hunt outside edges of areas like this where there isn't as much trash , or I just move on to better prospects. As for the horseshoe situation , because of its size it sort of overloads the detector. Detectors are designed to identify coin sized targets so they can act a little crazy and inaccurate over larger targets.

Frequent ground balance the machine. Decide what you want to dig - coins, relic, everything then notch out what you don't want to hunt. Plus, try turning down the sensitivity. One day hunt at coins 3" or less, then relics 6" or less, etcetera. The area sounds overwhelmed with junk so you need to slow down, focus on what you want to find and then adjust the AT to hunt for just that.

On the site you mention you might not get more than a couple of inches deep in places because of the surface iron.
Try your machine at home doing the simple test of 2 nails a couple of inches above a coin, it might help you find a good setting/coil combo for that site.

Depth with a sniper coil will depend on many factors, most i've found are lacking in that department, but keep it with you for when you hit the worst contaminated areas.

Got the sniper coil in today. I'm not really impressed. Yes, it does have a small detection area to get around some of the junk, but the depth is horrible. I knew some depth would be lacking due to the small coil. I can barely get a silver dollar to ring up at 6 inches. Small gold necklace less than 2 inches. Penny 4 inches. I'll give it a field test vs air test. Might have to spring for the 5x8 coil.

5x8

I got a 5 X 8 coil a few weeks ago and love it. slowing down your coil sweep may help too. I'll save my sniper for tight situations.

Back
Top Bottom