Minelab Harness YA or NA

Astronut

Has anybody used or have the Minelab Harness and how does it work as advertised??? What are the pros & cons of it other than price// Feedback appreciated. Thanks Bill

The problem is, you'll never get big and strong like me using one of those.

Attachments

• big arm.jpg
    big arm.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 307
I traded for one. Spent a couple hours trying to get it adjusted so that i could use it. Finally threw it in a closet. Too complicated for me. I have been using a much cheaper one.

It's not that bad if adjusted properly. I lost that plastic J joint after 5 minutes. I find it pulling to 1 side now. I need to do a mod on it shortly.
I've used others in the past. Some clip onto your belt or shorts. The result is your walking around swinging a detector with a massive wedgie. Garrett harness is a piece of cr@p. Best harness is just a couple of bunjee cords over your shoulder and attached to the detector. Fully adjustable and total cost about a buck.

Minelab Pro 45 Harness

Adjust it to fit you properly and you will never go detecting without it ...as it is that good !!! No matter what detector or size coil used .... as all weight will not become an issue. Again, adjust properly so the J strut does not come apart when bending over to dig and the weight of the detector is now transferred to the harness. Best investment you can make !!!! IMO

I have used one for several years now. I don't swing the Etrac without it. It took some adjustment, but if you follow the instructions it is easy.

Bunnings hardware store has 2 types of harness, one of them Ryobi. 1 type is a universal harness you can adjust, the other is a chest mount. Designed for heavy power tools. I think they're around A$45 @

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I use the Minelab Harness on the Etrac. They are very adjustable and take the weight off completely and distribute it evenly across your back. Tired arms and sore shoulders are a thing of the past with the Minelab harness. I don't know about other brands.

I would suggest getting Garretts Z link wireless modules to get rid of the headphone cord which always gets in the way on any detector.

While I say "Adjustable" that is a true statement unless you have to bend way over to see your shoelaces, otherwise you should have no problem adjusting the fit. Takes about 15 min to start wondering wonder how you did without it. You can definitely hunt all day with one.

Back
Top Bottom