SoCal Silvers #76-83 Plus A V And A Cool 1930's Lead Baseball Figure

Jamflicker

Elite Member
Hey everyone,
Here are some finds from my last three hunts which were all after work in the evenings. I managed to find 8 silver coins over those three hunts. I also found a really cool baseball lead figure, a 1906 V nickel, wheat pennies, a gold plated religious charm, and eyeballed a silver chain on the ground.

The baseball figure was made from a A.C. Gilbert Kaster Kits made in 1931. http://www.girdersandgears.com/kaster.html I had no idea there was a toy kit to make your own lead figures. Makes me want to get one.

These finds takes me to 83 silver coins, 382 wheat pennies, and 14 pieces of sterling for the year.

Attachments

• IMG_4831.jpg
    IMG_4831.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 433
  • IMG_4812.jpg
    IMG_4812.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 425
That baseball figure may be the best of the bunch Jason! I know you like to go to spring training, even if it is the Dreaded Dodgers!! ;):p:laughing::laughing:

Fine hunts man! That lead toy kit sounds like a good wintertime hobby. Congrats on the silver and wheats

shining silver as usual. V-nickel doesn't look half bad either. And ... as usual ... you are staying south of santa Barbara line. :police:

Another fine group of finds ! Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to see someone having a good year ! Congrats !
Thanks!

That baseball figure may be the best of the bunch Jason! I know you like to go to spring training, even if it is the Dreaded Dodgers!! ;):p:laughing::laughing:
Thanks Ron and Yes, the first place Dodgers!
North☆Star;2813573 said:
Fine hunts man! That lead toy kit sounds like a good wintertime hobby. Congrats on the silver and wheats
Thanks and yes could be a fun wintertime activity.
shining silver as usual. V-nickel doesn't look half bad either. And ... as usual ... you are staying south of santa Barbara line. :police:
Thanks Tom! Yes, the V is in pretty good shape.
Another fine group of finds ! Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks!
Ireally like the lead toy , That's some solid hunting, congrats!
Thanks Jeff!

Congrats on the Silvers Jason. Love the lead baseball figure. Had a neighbor that made lead soldiers for us as kids but never new of baseball molds. Wish I had as I was a baseball nut way back then. Well I'm still a nut. Trapper

LOL. We get upset when China uses lead-based paint on our kid's toys, and here we used to play with solid lead toys! And how many of us cast or handle lead fishing weights and bullets? Drove cars without seat belts and airbags? Remember Lawn Darts?! I still have my Clackers around somewhere (the original ones, not the wussy safety ones).

serveimage

My how times have changed.

Great finds! It's kind of funny that kids got to play with lead back in those days. I can remember playing with the metal tipped lawn darts with my little brother at my grandma's house back when I was a youngster......we used to throw them straight up in the air and try not to get hit by them:laughing: Maybe it was because of kids like us that lead toys and lawn darts are a thing of the past.

LOL. We get upset when China uses lead-based paint on our kid's toys, and here we used to play with solid lead toys! And how many of us cast or handle lead fishing weights and bullets? Drove cars without seat belts and airbags? Remember Lawn Darts?! I still have my Clackers around somewhere (the original ones, not the wussy safety ones).

serveimage

My how times have changed.

I didn't realize it until I made my post but it is almost a duplicate of what you wrote....... kids do need to learn to be a little tougher these days though.

Congrats on the Silvers Jason. Love the lead baseball figure. Had a neighbor that made lead soldiers for us as kids but never new of baseball molds. Wish I had as I was a baseball nut way back then. Well I'm still a nut. Trapper

Thanks Trapper. Who's your baseball team you root for?

Great story and finds!! Yeah the casting kit was before the next most burn inspiring toy, Creepy Crawlers.

"Mom I have third degree burns on my hand and foot but, I'm really sorry for burning a hole in the floor that goes to the basement. I put the floor fire out so don't mind the smoke." :laughing:

Great story and finds!! Yeah the casting kit was before the next most burn inspiring toy, Creepy Crawlers.

"Mom I have third degree burns on my hand and foot but, I'm really sorry for burning a hole in the floor that goes to the basement. I put the floor fire out so don't mind the smoke." :laughing:
Thanks! Yeah, I imagine there might have been a few accidents with this toy.
The lead toy is real cool...congrats on it, the silvers, sterling, V nickel and the rest of the week's digs Jason!
Thanks Bruce!
Man Jason, that's some good finds this week! Love the baseball figure!!!
Thanks Sean!

Thanks Trapper. Who's your baseball team you root for?

I grew up a Braves fan but when they pulled out I only followed players until the Brewers won my loyalty. Wish we here were in a bigger market so the team could afford more top notch players. As A kid I always wanted to be Eddie Mathews, but I was right handed with very little power. Played my freshman and sophomore years in high school but grades curtailed my dream. Upon leaving the service I went to a tryout and got signed by the Giants. Did hit over .300 and got in a few innings on the mound but then was told there was no place for a guy with little size and no speed. The Managers words was you can hit son but you have lead feet and a iron glove. Still I can say I tried. Trapper

I grew up a Braves fan but when they pulled out I only followed players until the Brewers won my loyalty. Wish we here were in a bigger market so the team could afford more top notch players. As A kid I always wanted to be Eddie Mathews, but I was right handed with very little power. Played my freshman and sophomore years in high school but grades curtailed my dream. Upon leaving the service I went to a tryout and got signed by the Giants. Did hit over .300 and got in a few innings on the mound but then was told there was no place for a guy with little size and no speed. The Managers words was you can hit son but you have lead feet and a iron glove. Still I can say I tried. Trapper

That's an awesome story, thanks for sharing. I too had dreams of playing in the majors but life got in the way of those dreams 😀.

Back
Top Bottom