Bandido II Umax - Questions

AZWIP

Elite Member
Howdy folks, have just acquired a new (to me) Bandido II uMax. The deal was too good to pass up and the machine truly is like new.... it was hardly used. Looks and runs great!

Anyways, I already have the Silver uMax (bought the Cleansweep coil for the Silver uMax) and the Compadre, so thought this B2 uMax looked interesting as I don't have a lot of experience with Ground Balancing etc.

Soooooo... with that in mind, lol...

1.) Hope this is a good addition to my herd? I am "thinking" it will be the
deepest of the three machines? True?

2.) Both my Compadre and Silver have found the small gold (earrings etc)
am hoping this will do as well - or, do I dare say, even "better? Maybe?
a. Is this machine considered better than my other two? I am
mostly a jewelry hunter in parks and fields.

3.) Now, for this machine, the manual says, before powering on... I should
- Turn the GB know to the left 5 rotations, then to the right 2 rotations
- Then, make the proper settings and turn the machine one to GB and
hunt.

So, Will I need to do this before each and every hunt? The turning of the
GB know, Left 5 times then right twice????

Also, if I am hunting a park, and I have it GB'd... then say I turn it off for a min... then turn it back on... will I :
A.) Need to do the 5 turn/2 turn routine again?
B.) Need to GB again?
C.) Or can I simply turn on and resume hunting?

Also, if I am hunting in a park, and I have it GB'd... and I am hunting in MIN Disc mode... folks say you should GB from time to time while hunting??? I "assume" that means... I am hunting. I get 100 feet over to another spot...
do I just... pump it up and down and use the GB knob, if needed?

I am assuming, the settings I will use (again keeping in mind I hunt jewelry and in parks/totlots)... will be:

Tune = Auto
Mode = Disc = 0 (or maybe up to 2)
Sensitivity = A high as it will handle

Does that sound about right?

Later, I guess I will need to learn about the Tune being set to Normal and the Reset Tune toggle. Am assuming that the reset tune would only make sense if you are TUNE=NORMAL and ALL METAL mode. This one confuses me a bit.

I have fooled around a bit with this machine, just for an hour or so last night as I just acquired it last night... and I "think"/"hope" its a nice machine.

Got a nice beach scoop and head phones with it, again, all look brand new. Pd 150.00 - I hope that's a good deal. Sounded like it to me, could not pass it up.

Thanks again folks, and appreciate any and all advice/suggestions for using this machine. I feel"at one" with my compadre and silver, but this B2 uMax, appears to be different enough, and GB'ing/tuning is really new to me. Am hoping that my "hunted out" (by me) parks, may become lively and prosperous again, with the B2uMax. Lol. Reckon we'll see.

Thanks!!

Ron

If you do the mentioned ground balance before hunting you should b fine. Wen I owned one I would periodically turn it on and off and re grund balance. I sold my bandito only because I wanted to try other machines. As far as jewelry hunting machines go yu wnt find a better one IMHO. My old bandito fund me more dry land gold than any the machine I've ever owned. Enjoy it!

Fantastic!

Thats really good to hear, thanks!

Took it out last night for the maiden voyage, and have to say, I'm gonna like this machine. She rang loud and clear on good targets, and does in fact seem a bit deeper, as I was hoping... of course more time out with it will help to ensure that statement.

Now, I hunted with the following settings after having Ground Balanced it...

in 0 Disc, but in Disc mode.
Sensitivity at around 10
AutoTune (not Normal mode)

And after having initially ground balanced it... went off and hunted... worked great!

Then, after a while and hitting another area of the park, she started to false I guess... so, I found a spot with nothing under the coil... and ONLY turned from DISC to ALL METAL.... and pumped it up and down and using Ground Balance... when it was good again, I just set the switch back to DISC.

Does all that sound correct? Am I missing something?

Thanks folks!

Ron

I remember I used two hunt with my disc set rite below pull tab. Even with it dished that high I still found smaller gold rings. The summer I owned one I think I found 4 gold rings on dry land in 2 months. Which was pretty good for me! I actually do miss that machine badly for the jewelry.

Wow

Wow! That's really great to hear! Thanks for the info... I'm hoping to get out again tonight and ramp up the learning curve... loud machine, lol. But yeah, will probably hunt in DISC mode... as the AM mode, is something I'm not used too, the threshold hum, lol... I am kind of the silent kind in that regard...

Thanks again, and again, any other tips etc, please let me know.

Ron

Back
Top Bottom