NCIS Los Angeles

sllingshot47

Elite Member
I love the regular NCIS series with Gibbs, but watch the Los Angeles series, too. This pm they were searching for metallic evidence and he had the $100 Tracker IV! No problem so far. Then the autopsy guy grabs it and says "According to my calculations, the object should be about right here." No problem so far. He then waves the Tracker WITHOUT headphones to the spot and holds it motionless over the spot:laughing: No sound!:laughing: He then reaches down and picks up the metallic object!:lol: A new way to save on batteries??:laughing::laughing:

I love the regular NCIS series with Gibbs, but watch the Los Angeles series, too. This pm they were searching for metallic evidence and he had the $100 Tracker IV! No problem so far. Then the autopsy guy grabs it and says "According to my calculations, the object should be about right here." No problem so far. He then waves the Tracker WITHOUT headphones to the spot and holds it motionless over the spot:laughing: No sound!:laughing: He then reaches down and picks up the metallic object!:lol: A new way to save on batteries??:laughing::laughing:

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

I just looked at the first few minutes covering that part and also noticed he had the coil at about a 45 degree angle from the ground when searching. (didn't seem to have it quite as close to the ground as he should have either) It did seem as if he was looking for the needle display to move.

It's obvious they likely did not research proper detector use on youtube first :lol:

Here are a few screen shots from that part -

ncis_BH4a.jpg ncis_BH4e.jpg ncis_BH4f.jpg ncis_BH4h.jpg

Thats just Awful! You would think they would have done a bit of research if they want to be taken as real TV detectives seriously! No wonder theres so many unsolved Cold Cases! These TV detectives couldnt find a RV in a Campground running a rig like that!

I mean..surely somebody on the crew had to have known how to run a rig? Or at least see some old guy do it once or twice? Unforgivable technical error! :laughing:

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

I just looked at the first few minutes covering that part and also noticed he had the coil at about a 45 degree angle from the ground when searching. (didn't seem to have it quite as close to the ground as he should have either) It did seem as if he was looking for the needle display to move.

It's obvious they likely did not research proper detector use on youtube first :lol:

Here are a few screen shots from that part -

View attachment 380817 View attachment 380818 View attachment 380819 View attachment 380820

Thanks for posting those pics. It just caught my attention because I've had about 4 Trackers over the years. I thought maybe someone had finally discovered a use for that "kicker" needle!:lol:

Not so bad , at least they did not leave open 40 holes and throw the tras next to them :grin: ,,,,,HH

Thats just Awful! You would think they would have done a bit of research if they want to be taken as real TV detectives seriously! No wonder theres so many unsolved Cold Cases! These TV detectives couldnt find a RV in a Campground running a rig like that!

I mean..surely somebody on the crew had to have known how to run a rig? Or at least see some old guy do it once or twice? Unforgivable technical error! :laughing:

:lol:

Guess those Hollywood folk aren't into metal detecting :lol:

The way they used that detector they might as well as attached a Frisbee to the end of a broomstick and used that as a detector prop :laughing:

Thanks for posting those pics. It just caught my attention because I've had about 4 Trackers over the years. I thought maybe someone had finally discovered a use for that "kicker" needle!:lol:

Having a Tracker IV myself I had to check out that scene after you mentioned how they used it :shock: :lol:

I was just thinking, they may have had improper technique, but at least being used on that show it hopefully gave metal detecting a positive boost in the minds of the public, just as long as they don't copy their technique :laughing:

(I'm sure Bounty Hunter didn't mind publicity for their Tracker IV either)

Back
Top Bottom