Finished up the milk bottle dump

GLASSHOPPER1955

Elite Member
This is the last update to this thread on my milk bottle dump from last Fall.
Link: http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=268780

Finally got to the end of it today and unearthed more of the same type of milks: Cloverleaf and Dixie Dairy (Gary, Ind.) Also a bunch of slicks, which I reburied along with all the other reject glass. Also found an Indiana license plate from the same era 1949.

Attachments

• dump a.jpg
    dump a.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 749
  • dump b.jpg
    dump b.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 688
  • dump c.jpg
    dump c.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 598
Then somebody someday is digging and finds this hoard of milk bottles together in one spot....but they're all slick!!! Nice digs there.

Yeah! In these "late" era dumps about all that's worth grabbing are the milks and sodas (and Cokes). Most all other stuff including all the slicks amounts to "over-the-shoulder" types.

These late dumps at least keep me busy and in practice, but I'd rather this dump was at least 50 years older. :yes:

I find reburying distasteful but that’s just my opinion I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I rebury all the reject bottles and junk:

1) so to not leave a mess and leave the site good or better than I found it
2) so future diggers that may stumble onto the dump can find stuff too.

What's not to like?

I rebury all the reject bottles and junk:

1) so to not leave a mess and leave the site good or better than I found it
2) so future diggers that may stumble onto the dump can find stuff too.

What's not to like?

Yeah....tidying up! Can’t carry em all to recycler...

It’s tough to keep the more recent dumps looking good so kudos on the rebury

Help me out, I'm new to this (and I can take this question to it's own thread if I should).

These "bottle dumps" are just dumps in general, or full of just bottles? These dumps are from a homesite or more of a larger public dump or what?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Help me out, I'm new to this (and I can take this question to it's own thread if I should).

These "bottle dumps" are just dumps in general, or full of just bottles? These dumps are from a homesite or more of a larger public dump or what?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The dump featured in this thread was an old homesite, yes. Most all the dumps I post on here are either old homesite dumps or illicit old dumpings out in the woods. They usually (but not always) have remnants of rusted cans and other junk, but the glass survives if not broken. Sometimes I find just a bottle on the surface in the woods or along creeks. I have found bottles under houses in the crawl-spaces. There are also old town dumps and they can be pretty large and very deep. I have dug at some but most nowdays have been hit pretty hard since the late 60s-80s.

GLASSHOPPER

Nice digs, G-Hop! I did a couple dump digs recently with my brother. We got lots of milks and the cream bottles with the bulb necks, and a few sodas, medicines, jars, etc. I was pretty excited to find 2 good coke bottles with EAU CLAIRE, WIS on the bottoms, even though they have little value.
It's so fun to pull an oldie out of the dirt, wondering what kind it is, is it whole, etc.

Nice digs, G-Hop! I did a couple dump digs recently with my brother. We got lots of milks and the cream bottles with the bulb necks, and a few sodas, medicines, jars, etc. I was pretty excited to find 2 good coke bottles with EAU CLAIRE, WIS on the bottoms, even though they have little value.
It's so fun to pull an oldie out of the dirt, wondering what kind it is, is it whole, etc.

You dug some creamtops? Nice. That doesn't happen every day.

I agree, the best part of dump-diggin' is the suspense of what is about to be uncovered. Better yet, a nice local bottle not yet in the collection. :yes:

589e760460dfe3b33123d3974910b22f.jpg
60d43123b804cfb0da912bce8fc4a59c.jpg
f2aa879a280e8d6e95955dbef8dc8cd9.jpg

I found these at a bottle dumb, the last bottle is prohibition era.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom