cool little eyeball find!

007tallguy

Elite Member
we had a huge amount of rain overnight, the ground was frozen, so lots of surface water flowing everywhere.
my driveway tends to take a beating under such conditions and last night was no exception. i was checking it out this morning and knew, despite having the flu, i'd be out with the 4-wheeler levelling things up once again, lol.
i noticed one little item between the rocks that kinda stood out, a cute little purple glass bottle stopper! :yes:
it's likely been buried in my road for decades, been driven over hundreds of times per year, lol. if i weren't under the weather, i likely would have been out detected the ruts before filling them in again, 6 to 10 inches deep in places! maybe next time, lol.
thanks for lookin',

Pete ;)

Attachments

• IMAG0878.jpg
    IMAG0878.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 685
  • IMAG0879.jpg
    IMAG0879.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 687
That's a sweet little "eyeball" find. Sorry to hear you're feeling under the weather, hope it passes soon!

hey, thanks. and thank! :yes: i'm coming along, feeling quite a bit better than i had been a few days ago. i did take a little bit of time off work, just to recoup a bit and been taking things pretty easy over the weekend. my driveway work was necessary though or my next eyeball find would likely be my muffler, lmao! :laughing:

P.

I found almost the exact same kind a couple months ago. Thought it was really cool, have it set aside to display one day.

Very Cool!

Must be something's burried near by , unless it came with the gravel
HH

no, not much chance it would have been in the gravel. as for something buried nearby, there could be almost anything buried around this yard, lol. the old house was built in 1898 and i've found all kinds of various things around the yard, from pieces of oil lamps, shell casings, harmonica reeds, a few older coins, shards of broken dishware, etc. just general household stuff that's been lost or tossed over the years, lol.

Back
Top Bottom