• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

15 seconds, 2nd scoop

CarsonChris

Elite Member
A couple lost their ring up at Tahoe and got in touch with members of the Reno detecting club. A couple people went up Thursday and searched for a couple hours and had no luck. I was told where the couple had been sitting so I decided to go try my luck this evening. I turned on the Nox, selected Park 1(been doing good with it on the clean freshwater beaches) noise cancelled and started my search. First target gave a high tone, scooped and pulled out a tent stake. Walked 5 feet and got a low tone with a 13 VDI. Sounded deep, had multiple bars. Scooped dumped, saw that sparkle of gold. Brushed the sand away and out cane this beauty! I’ve been in touch with the owners, they live in Norman Oklahoma. Will be sending the ring off tomorrow! 3DCA23FF-99A7-4E46-89C3-0AF08FCF7A01.jpeg

93E9B6E9-7AB2-4BE3-B91D-A310B19EA576.jpeg

E07BA281-80C0-49D6-A2AE-EDB185E164DD.jpeg

I Love the repatriation rescue stories. Good on you ! MD'r "saves the day".

:dingding: Nice going on two counts: finding it and the return!

Doesn't get much faster than that. Good job !

Finding and returning someone's special belongings really helps build our hobby's reputation. Well done CC....……..

As much as I love finding gold rings being able to return one of them to the owner is extremely satisfying. Good job on the search and also on the return.

A couple lost their ring up at Tahoe and got in touch with members of the Reno detecting club. A couple people went up Thursday and searched for a couple hours and had no luck. I was told where the couple had been sitting so I decided to go try my luck this evening. I turned on the Nox, selected Park 1(been doing good with it on the clean freshwater beaches) noise cancelled and started my search. First target gave a high tone, scooped and pulled out a tent stake. Walked 5 feet and got a low tone with a 13 VDI. Sounded deep, had multiple bars. Scooped dumped, saw that sparkle of gold. Brushed the sand away and out cane this beauty! I’ve been in touch with the owners, they live in Norman Oklahoma. Will be sending the ring off tomorrow! View attachment 444758

View attachment 444759

View attachment 444760
Wow.. Beautiful ring

You sir are a kind hearted pirate! They had a very bad day when they lost it. You've just made them have a very good day. As Aquaman says... Feels good don't it?!

Back
Top Bottom