Peso Pirate of Peurto Plata 2019

leslie(nova scotia)

Elite Member
The flight to the Dominican Rep keep one on their toes as the forward set of bathrooms were not operational. I'm sure the Sunwing flight could have been completely fueled with all the flatulence folks were holding in!

Stayed at a hotel that Marie and I had visited twice before so no surprises there. Clean rooms, good security and a big beach meant a pleasant stay.

Was one local digging there who was rather talkative but had the nasty habit of not removing his junk from the holes which he left. Not my country so I kept my tongue in check.

Took 7 days to find a quota of 50. Usually it's a 8 out of ten good targets ratio but here with Zen Guru it was close to a 50 50 junk good find ratio. And yes me bouy I removed my bad targets. Water wise I only had 4 coins the whole trip as the ocean was waving at me with malice the whole time.

Road trips to Caberette, Sousa and Puerto Plata City by public bus cost us in total $32 USA in total compared with what a taxi would have cost for these trips....$170 USA. Sharing a bus with the locals and the chickens was okay by Hunny Bunny and I. On one such trip a young school girls behind Marie started braiding here hair!

The two weeks went fast with the total number of coins being 127 including ones from Mexico, Euros, Panama, USA as well as my native Canuck coins.

No gold but managed one silver wire ring along with an assortment of dewies.

No vacation however is complete without a "Hunny Bunny Photo Shot."

Since I have been to Puerto Plata quite a few times thought I would include some useful info to enhance your visit there;
1. Get your twinrex vacinations.
2. Take amodium with you.
3. Have travel insurance.
4. Do not shop in the resort plaza go to the orange Market where prices are cheaper and you can bicker.
5. Take USA money but in 1,5 and 10s. Not evey vendor has USA to give in change and this way you do not get pesos back plus loss on exchange as much.
6. The tour agents when booking do not tell you that all the resorts in Puerto Plata are open to the locals from Friday night till supper on Sunday. Real circus as the locals have no manners, tact, are very loud, resort runs out of food at times, bars are very difficult to get served at and the pool water turns yellow! Sounds bad and at times is.
7. Do not eat off resorts and only drink liquid off the resort that is bottled.
8. Tips are optional and personally I will not tip bad service or those that have ignored me during the weekend. $1 USA is fair.
9. Nightly entertainment is dancing then dancing followed by more dancing all to the salsa beat which grates on one after a tad. So bring your own fun stuff.
10. Only a few English channels on the tube so learn Spanish or turn the volume off. Loved it that every night there was football on from South America to British Premiere League.
11. take local transit if not claustrophobic as it is one twentieth the cost. I have never traveled on the bus at night and chose to stay on the resort property so day time only.

Hope these help! Happy digging all and great to be home.

Great Report and Useful Tips Leslie !!

I hope that after a week in Central America that the bathrooms on the plane were working on the return trip as I would think the um.. flatulence issue would of been FAR worse than the trip out there..
Sorry you missed out on the gold.. maybe next year !!

Next time y'all are down lemme know. I live right over the mountains from Puerto Plata...

Sent from my SM-G610M using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom