Peace, Peace, Peace Be with You....

AKdetector

Peace .jpg

5 silver coins.jpgMy wife and I experienced a once in a life time hunt today...

Today started yesterday, with research and a 9 hour drive...with the family in tow...(including the baby of the family, the red lab).

We got a cheap hotel and hit the beach on the evening low tide and got oriented with the settings and strategy. We have never seen so many copper and brass pieces and parts from the teens to the 50s. A few toasted wheats and one '47 nickel came up in the first 4 hours. And 8 hours later....we found incredible luck!

Anyway, we brought home 6 silvers...the '51 rosy is not shown. We found the '23, '24 and 1925 Peace dollars stacked in one 7 inch hole composed of compacted beach gravel on a beach 'trail' along with the 1928 SLQ.

I almost made a giant mistake.... I chipped and scraped the '24 Peace out...and was in shock. My wife and I went to a puddle and cleaned it and celebrated. We took some pictures ...and then got back to it. Thirty minutes later I decided to recheck my hole...and bingo....number two, number 3 and the SLQ. It was unbelievable!

Miracle hunt for us.

Thanks.

Holy smokes!!!

I know how the first one felt! So glad you rechecked the hole, wow....

Huge congrats on the triple cartwheel!

Welcome to the SDC!

<°)))>{

Wooooweee...Holy Smokes! Thats a monster of a pocket there! Figure somebody buried them for safekeeping while they went out onto the beach huh?

Man Oh Man! Well done!
Mud

Back
Top Bottom