ctx3030 volume gain setting help!!! plz

wiscodigger93

Been looking around seams like trying to find any info about a ctx is just as bad as telling ur fishing hole on every site there is so if there is anyone out there to tell me how and what all the volume settings and when to move them and when to not I run the 1st setting max and the last full to I believe that is threshold? I will also state what I run my detector at on the bottom any ideas or better ways to run it?

50 feco
auto +2
High trash ☆ what's the difference between the others?
Deep on
volume gain 15 up to 30 I for got the other 2 options in this menu
15 or up to 30

Let me know what you guys think thank you!

Um, Not to be mean, but didn't the unit come with and instruction manual?
I post a lot of links from this gentleman's site, and if this article is anything like most of the others, it should answer your questions. I don't personally know anything about the ctx but this guy does..
http://metaldetectingworld.com/minelab_e-trac_program_settings.shtml

C'mon now... If you don't know ANYTHING about it then cut him some slack.

The CTX isn't as easy to use as your Coinmaster and the manual is good and all, but just like school. If you have a question for the teacher, you wouldn't expect him/her to say "it's in the text book, figure it out"

You ask questions because you don't know/understand and we have cats here that DO know and understand that are willing to help.

Um, Not to be mean, but didn't the unit come with and instruction manual?
I post a lot of links from this gentleman's site, and if this article is anything like most of the others, it should answer your questions. I don't personally know anything about the ctx but this guy does..
http://metaldetectingworld.com/minelab_e-trac_program_settings.shtml

Minelab barely knows how a CTX works:lol: Got to use one in your specific area. What works for me, likely won't work for you. I use the 4 tone or 5 tone. It also doesn't sound the same in the headphones as it does in the xchange2 on your computer. I'm fixing to try tuning a pair of earbuds on the computer. Pro golds sounds totally different on a beach than on the computer in the house. You can try tips and see if they work. I got spots that start getting chatter. Tried the seawater on trick. Didn't work. Cut it on sitting on the ground and it works like a champ. Same for the V3i or any machine. Used a Fl. hunters V3i beach tips. Worst tips I ever tried where I live. Love my DFX at the beach. V3i I quit taking to the beach.

Some guys run manual sensitivity. I have no problem running auto +3

C'mon now... If you don't know ANYTHING about it then cut him some slack.

The CTX isn't as easy to use as your Coinmaster and the manual is good and all, but just like school. If you have a question for the teacher, you wouldn't expect him/her to say "it's in the text book, figure it out"

You ask questions because you don't know/understand and we have cats here that DO know and understand that are willing to help.

Dude, I posted a link that would be helpful to the guy, I was not trying to disparage anyone. However, I happen to be one of those geeky computer admins that believes in reading the manual fully to learn how things work before you ask questions. Sorry if I offended you or the OP.

For the Original poster
I downloaded the manual form here
http://www.kellycodetectors.com/pdf/manuals/ctx3030.pdf
Page 40 at the bottom explains the 4 target separation modes I believe you are asking about
These are what you are asking about correct? If so there is more info on page 41 with details about each along with a chart

Target Separation
Range: Low Trash/High Trash/Ferrous-Coin/Ground-Coin

Target Separation allows you to optimize the signal processing to suit your
detecting conditions. The Target Separation settings are:

• Low Trash – targets in a low trash density environment
• High Trash – targets in a high trash density environment
• Ferrous-Coin – coins in a high density FE trash environment, low mineralization
• Ground-Coin – coins in ground with high mineralization

If I am incorrect you are are talking about the audio levels
• Volume Gain
• Threshold Level
• Volume Limit
• Threshold Pitch

That detail info is on page 23

Hi Wiscodigger,
May I suggest becoming a member of the CTX 3030 social group. a great place to get help on the CTX. The setting on the CTX depends on where your hunting and what type of soil your hunting. I'm a beach hunter and my settings would most likely be different from yours. Welcome and the CTX 3030 group would be the place to get all your answers.
Gary
CTX 3030- Garrett AT- PRO

I been doing good with the machine my ctx also never came with a book.. :( so I been looking it up on line but just needed some input and that you all for help me out!!!!

I been doing good with the machine my ctx also never came with a book.. :( so I been looking it up on line but just needed some input and that you all for help me out!!!!

You have to print out the owners manual. ML doesn't own a printer:lol:

if your anywhere close to Milwaukee I can help you out personally, I been running my ctx since they first came out!

The CTX has a ever changing manual that is why it does not come with one. It gets updated as they tweak it. I run volume at max and use Gone Hunting For History's setting. I the stock beach setting at the beach.

Back
Top Bottom