Detector pin point strength

CA.KID

I was out testing my fairly new TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO last night on my front lawn . I had laying on the grass a gold ring, a gold nugget about the size of a BB and my watch. while testing the various setting I tried the pin point function and maybe it was me but the pin point function seemed to be stronger/would pick up the objects at a higher distance rather than the normal swing across the objects. So my question is.... is the pin point function stronger on a detector or was it just me ? Thanks

I was out testing my fairly new TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO last night on my front lawn . I had laying on the grass a gold ring, a gold nugget about the size of a BB and my watch. while testing the various setting I tried the pin point function and maybe it was me but the pin point function seemed to be stronger/would pick up the objects at a higher distance rather than the normal swing across the objects. So my question is.... is the pin point function stronger on a detector or was it just me ? Thanks

Generally when using the pinpoint function on most detectors this will effectively put the unit into true all metal...a setting which is usually the deepest the coil can reach so you are not crazy.
I don't think it is really stronger, per se, just kind of "sees'' more with no depth limiting disc setting of any kind affecting the unit so it seems stronger.

My F2 technically has no all metal setting, even with nothing notched out I think there still might be some disc involved small as it may be because there is still small iron it won't see, but by hunting with the pinpoint button in it does and picks up everything and I seem to go deeper.

You can really tell how strong the pinpoint/all metal function is if you beach hunt. My Excal goes 3" deeper in pinpoint than it does in disc. Pinpoint also picks up smaller gold.

remember on the surface its getting a very strong signal. i bet is detecting the bigger objects even before the coil is close to them. try turning on pp near the object and that will narrow down the PP or raise the coil

There was a guy on one of these forums (fora ?) who used an Ace 250, and would hunt in pinpoint mode for that reason. Kind of hard holding down the button for that long.

Back
Top Bottom