Attention upstate New York detectorists

seeded?

Hey all, this just got posted in the local paper near where I live. It seems interesting and for a good cause!!!

http://www.dailyfreeman.com/general...oot-and-relic-hunt-to-take-place-in-shandaken

Lemme know if any of you are gonna try and make it, would love to meet ya! If I go my only day off that weekend is Sunday :/
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just took a quick look at the article......
That's pretty steep!
Anything seeded or no? It didn't appear to be.......
if you get anymore details post them please.
So it said there are some private properties.......wondering if its all woods or what .......
Boy thatll be a huge fundraiser for them......

Just took a quick look at the article......

That's pretty steep!

Anything seeded or no? It didn't appear to be.......

if you get anymore details post them please.

So it said there are some private properties.......wondering if its all woods or what .......

Boy thatll be a huge fundraiser for them......

Yeah I'm trying to get more info but the email I got back was pretty flat. I can only make it one day so I asked if I could pay half price and they said that "it's pretty cheap" so I dunno. I'll post more when I get more info though

Never heard of that town. Looks like it's about 35 mins from our place in Catskill. Population is about the size of my old high school so I'm wondering if it was always that way, how much stuff is there to find on private property if not seeded, especially with potential to have a bunch of people swinging for it. If it's not seeded you could be talking spending $100 to dig very few targets.

I'm signed up and will be supporting this event. This hunt is sponsored by the Noreaster club in Stamford CT. Im a member of Putnam/Westchester Club and joined Noreasters a few months ago. !00 bucks for 3 days is a bargain...IMO...I can only make Fri and Sat. These are all natural hunts and some high priority spots they procured are "unhunted". Seems they have gotten permission for some promising properties.
Jessie does a real good job organizing this IMO.

Attendance is capped at 50 attendees.....last I checked there were a few spots left....like 2 or 3

I'm signed up and will be supporting this event. This hunt is sponsored by the Noreaster club in Stamford CT. Im a member of Putnam/Westchester Club and joined Noreasters a few months ago. !00 bucks for 3 days is a bargain...IMO...I can only make Fri and Sat. These are all natural hunts and some high priority spots they procured are "unhunted". Seems they have gotten permission for some promising properties.

Jessie does a real good job organizing this IMO.

Attendance is capped at 50 attendees.....last I checked there were a few spots left....like 2 or 3

Yup I was just going to update this! Looks really cool. I might just suck it up although I can only go Friday morning :/

There are 20 sites to be opened up throughout the weekend! Very very cool.

Hope to see y'all there!

I am going to the event as well. Supports a good cause but can only make friday and saturday. Even if there are not a large amount of targets, a bad day of metal detecting beats a good day at work!

Back
Top Bottom