Added a detector to the fleet!

coin whisperer

Elite Member
My mom bought this radio shack detector at the auction and it just may put the dirty30 to shame!! I've never seen a metal bolt hold on a coil lol!
4e3e8u9y.jpg

vuzaha3a.jpg

Minelab CTX Dirty30-Teknetics T2 Se

My guess is the original screw broke or they lost the plastic nut and they just threw that wing nut on there.. Thank god technology is where it is now huh lol.. Still have my radioshack md cause you never know

I've never seen a metal bolt hold on a coil lol!

A lot of machines used to have a metal bolt. It surprisingly does not affect it if the bolt is stationary.

I have that machines big brother. Looks the same except a few more knobs. It belonged to my grandfather.

A lot of machines used to have a metal bolt. It surprisingly does not affect it if the bolt is stationary.

I have that machines big brother. Looks the same except a few more knobs. It belonged to my grandfather.

Does it have a metal bolt?

Man I started out on one of those way back in the day. I think it was my uncles but I sure had fun finding coins with it

Metal bolt on some detectors can wind up notching stuff out when you turn the detector on. CTX can get chatty in some black sand. You set it on the ground and cut it on it cures it. It's also why you are supposed to cut a detector on over clean ground:lol:

Edit. Buddy of mine inherited some old arse green Garrett. I think that beast will blow an AT Pros doors off:lol:

Metal bolt on some detectors can wind up notching stuff out when you turn the detector on. CTX can get chatty in some black sand. You set it on the ground and cut it on it cures it. It's also why you are supposed to cut a detector on over clean ground:lol:

Edit. Buddy of mine inherited some old arse green Garrett. I think that beast will blow an AT Pros doors off:lol:

I always turn mine on with the coil high in the air. I would I know what area is clean before i turn the detector on?

I always turn mine on with the coil high in the air. I would I know what area is clean before i turn the detector on?

Way I do it is cut the detector on and hit a clean area. Then cut it off and back on again. I know some guys wont get metal anywhere near an Excalibur cutting it on. You cut it on by your car bumper your messing up:lol:

Way I do it is cut the detector on and hit a clean area. Then cut it off and back on again. I know some guys wont get metal anywhere near an Excalibur cutting it on. You cut it on by your car bumper your messing up:lol:

Oh ok, learn something new every day:)

Just don't put that aluminum lower rod on your CTX. They're made out of carbon fiber for a reason. In saltwater you'd be detecting the detector:laughing:

Just don't put that aluminum lower rod on your CTX. They're made out of carbon fiber for a reason. In saltwater you'd be detecting the detector:laughing:

That carbon Fiber is amazing stuff. It will transmit a current, but safe to use on a metal detector :?: 5 years building high $ yachts here

That carbon Fiber is amazing stuff. It will transmit a current, but safe to use on a metal detector :?: 5 years building high $ yachts here

Pretty much a sparkplug wire:lol: Graphite fishing pole will buzz in a fog by a power line. It will also kill you in an electric storm:shock:

Back
Top Bottom