Tesoro Tiger Shark

hobomike

Hey all. Am thinking about purchasing a Tesoro Tiger Shark. Would love any comments/advice/thoughts from anyone familar with this machine. Thanks in advance & every1 have a great 4th.

Hobo

I was considering getting a new one of those or a used Fishers CZ-20. Went with the used Fisher and it's been a nightmare with their service department which I will post a thread about when it's all said and done. :( I regret not getting a new TigerShark with the lifetime warranty. From my readings, as long as you're not high in black sand they are good for salt and killer in fresh water.

i had one for a short span did very little water hunting with it but when i did it worked flawlessly made a few hunts on land with it as well and it reminded me alot of the tesoro tejon. tho im no expert on the machine my advise is get one and im sure youll love it.

Thanks guys. I should have mentioned that probably 50% of my hunting will be beach/saltwater. I have read complaints w/ this machine in the surf. Any suggestions?

Hobo

I considered getting one, but also heard the same stories of it not being that great in the salt water. I went to the Tesoro site and the many guys said the same thing about the salt water. In fresh water it was super and the warranty can't be beat. Rob

Sandman has one and he uses it in the salt.

Thanks guys. I should have mentioned that probably 50% of my hunting will be beach/saltwater. I have read complaints w/ this machine in the surf. Any suggestions?

Hobo

Its a decent detector but you heard correctly its not the greatest in the the saltwater... it will work but its noisy... it doesn't have the depth of some of the other brands but try it out and down the road of life you can always upgrade... I have 3 machines I use that the beach and will soon have another one ;) Its great in the freshwater and on land though :) I'm sure its decent on the dry sand...

All VLF's are inferior to PI's at salt beaches. However, if you properly adjust them you can work them well there. The Tiger is a great all around detector to be used anywhere. Is it the best at the salt beaches ? No. But it can be adjusted and used there with better results than you'd expect form a VLF. I would still reccomend it.

if you properly adjust them you can work them well there

I've seen someone try to properly adjust their Tiger Shark and it was a major hassle. They need to be adjusted by someone who knows what they're doing.

You're better off getting a Detector Pro detector made specifically for salt water.

Generally a PI detector would work best there. The CZ21 ia a good detector also and can be used on land as well. It gets good depth and can handle most conditions.

Back
Top Bottom