new here from SC,,,,,,,

olskool

I am new here, I have recently retired. I have metal detected for years on and off with old junk detectors. I plan to get a new one. I had a Tesoro but it quit on me a couple of years ago. I was looking at the net and I see some conflicting info that they went out of business, is that true? good to be here thanks for having me,,,,,,,,,,,

I still have a Tesoro Stingray II, I thought they had a good product but they lost me as a customer years ago when they started hardwiring coils on the underwater detectors. Some of the smallest objects I've found were with the Stingray. The lifetime warrenty was great but all gone now...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I am near Summerville, about 30 miles from Charleston. to bad they went out of business I liked the look of them, maybe I will "dig one up" on ebay,,,,,,

Keep in mind that if one should need repairs it may be impossible to get it repaired.

There is a gentleman in Texas who will work on them as long as he can find parts to do the repairs.

There is a metal detecting club in the area. Lowcountry metal detecting club. Meets the second Saturday of every month at Perkins on Trolley road at 7 pm.

Relic hunters, coin and jewelry hunters etc are all welcome.

I am near Summerville, about 30 miles from Charleston. to bad they went out of business I liked the look of them, maybe I will "dig one up" on ebay,,,,,,

If you use the forum search box to do a search on the word "Tesoro" you should see there are other forum members who liked Tesoro detectors and see discussions about Tesoro detectors.

Keep in mind that if one should need repairs it may be impossible to get it repaired.

There is a gentleman in Texas who will work on them as long as he can find parts to do the repairs.

There is a metal detecting club in the area. Lowcountry metal detecting club. Meets the second Saturday of every month at Perkins on Trolley road at 7 pm.

Relic hunters, coin and jewelry hunters etc are all welcome.

I will have to check that out. I have ate there often,,,,,,,

Hey from New England. I used to love the trout n red fishing around Buford,, not sure of spelling. Had friends that moved to there when we lived in Fl. HH

I am new here, I have recently retired. I have metal detected for years on and off with old junk detectors. I plan to get a new one. I had a Tesoro but it quit on me a couple of years ago. I was looking at the net and I see some conflicting info that they went out of business, is that true? good to be here thanks for having me,,,,,,,,,,,

Yes, I heard Tesoro is shutting their doors and selling the rest of their inventory. My very first detector was the Tesoro Silver Umax and it was a coin snipper plus super light to swing!

If you're looking for some ideas on a new detector, I've made a list depending on your needs.

Back
Top Bottom