Back To The 1853 Site - CZ3D Not Bothered With EMI

beephead

Elite Member
I went back to the 1853 site early this morning. I started off in the front yard close to the front of the house using my CTX 3030. In less than 5 minutes I had a 1944 Washington quarter treed. It was right next to the tree and I just barely got a slight high tone when I swung close to the tree. I had to cock the search coil at an angle to lock on to the target.

About 10 feet away from where I found the quarter I got a good crisp high tone. I dug down around 7 inches or so and popped out a 1898 Barber dime. I was on a roll. I swung the CXT for another 2 hours or so in the front yard but I didn't find anything worth digging, so I headed for the backyard. This particular back yard has awful EMI and gave my Deus and Nox fits on the previous hunt. They were chatter boxes and after trying different settings I finally gave up.

Well my CTX did a lot better than the Deus and the Nox, but it was still not running smoothly, so after about 30 minutes I decided to switch to my Gold Bug Pro with the 5" x 10" search coil attached. I went over the area just in front of the house first to see how it could handle the nails. It found me a couple of wheat pennies before I decide to head for the backyard with it.

Once in the backyard, the GBP ran pretty good, but it wasn't a smooth ride. It handled the EMI about the same or maybe a little better than the CTX did. I only had one detector left in my SUV, the Fisher CZ3D, so I went and grabbed it and headed for the backyard with it.

I was totally amazed that the CZ3D didn't chatter not a single time. I dug several clad coins with it before getting my search coil a real funky audio response. I was getting high tones and mid-tones. I dug down around 7 inches or so and popped a 1954 Washington quarter. I checked hole again and found a nickel in the dirt pile. It pays to dig those iffy signals.

beephead

Attachments

• IMG_0617.jpg
    IMG_0617.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_0618.jpg
    IMG_0618.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_0619.jpg
    IMG_0619.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_0620.jpg
    IMG_0620.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_0621.jpg
    IMG_0621.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_0622.jpg
    IMG_0622.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_0623.jpg
    IMG_0623.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_0626.jpg
    IMG_0626.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 212
Another very fine outing Beep. Congrats on the pair of GW's and the Early Barber. Having a arsenal to play with can have some nice advantages. Trapper

Another very fine outing Beep. Congrats on the pair of GW's and the Early Barber. Having a arsenal to play with can have some nice advantages. Trapper
Thanks! Using different detectors sure has its advantages. There's no one perfect detector for all sites. I'm going to hit that site again with my Cibola and F75LTD. I might even take my Mojave to work the area next to the house that's loaded up with nails.

Nice hunt congrats on the silver.
Thanks! I wanted to go back again today, but I had an doctor's appoint to get some blood work done. It will probably rain tomorrow.

beephead

Nice reporting beephead. Nice finds too.
Thanks! I've hit the area just out from the front porch really hard with some top of the line detectors. Now, I'm going to go back over it again with my Tesoro detectors and see what they can get out of the bed of nails that the other detectors missed. Keep in mind that I've been digging all targets above iron so far. I'll do the same with the Tesoro detectors.

Grats on trip silver
Thanks! I'm going to hit it again in the morning.

Congrats on the silver and finds. Looks like you have a good permission.
Thanks! I was super happy to get this permission.

beephead

Very nice outing indeed! Thanks for the updates on this property. Fun seeing what all comes out.

Thanks! Today I went back over the area in front of the porch which is loaded up with nails with my Cibola and Mojave and found a couple of zinc pennies and a 2 nickel and a zinc penny coin spill that I'd missed on previous hunts. I changed over to my CZ3D with the 5 inch search coil and found a nice looking Indian Head penny before calling it a day. That place is about hunted out.

beephead

Back
Top Bottom