In the Wild Nox 800 Good Target In Iron

Trashfinder

Forum Supporter
Timing was finally right that i had my Go Pro in the truck while hunting and i found one of those masked targets in iron that is similar to the ones i have been digging in the old park in the thread "Old Park Nox dominating."

Notice how as i circle the target i get a non-ferrous signal almost completely around it. Generally a junk target will only give the non-ferrous tone and ID in certain spots as you circle. It just needs to be a high percentage of the time you are circling the target. ID's are very jumpy, but you constantly see good numbers as well as the low to negative iron numbers.

These type of targets are the ones i just cannot get any other machine to hit, including CTX and Etrac. I have been running in Park 1, it may not even be as good as Park 2. I wish i had of thought of switching modes to compare the NOX's other modes to the one i am using.

Keep in mind i am not a video expert and have no fancy smancy intro , just a average detecting Joe. This is my fist video with the Go Pro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2lImonx8nY&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
Ok for some reason when uploaded it was private, had to google how to un private the video so hopefully now it works right.

Nice video thanks. The same type signals I have been getting and pulling silver and Wheats missed by other detectors.

Very good demo of an iffy signal! I've got quiet a few of those as well. Even though the numbers are jumping around all over the place, note how the high tone is persistent and repeatable when the coil is swung in a single position. A good sign that a high conductor is hiding in there. Well done!

Very nice job! I have had a hard time catching these signals on live digs as well but many of my silver finds with the 800 are just like this. I find wheats and silver dimes in with junk giving signals just like this. If I can get a high tone and some good numbers from multiple directions i dig it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Good job on the video! How many times are the iffy signals good finds and how times are they trash?

Good job on the video! How many times are the iffy signals good finds and how times are they trash?

The ones like in the video are almost always good finds, or at least a piece of non-ferrous something. But as you circle and you only get the tones and ID's part of the time and the iron is very dominant, it will most likely will be a false off of something like a bent nail, or a round iron object or nail with a big fat head on it. I will make another video where the target is giving a few good signals only in certain angles to show what is most likely bad targets. Don't get me wrong, i can and do still dig a bad target sometimes, but i have greatly cut down on them by just more and more experience hunting and digging. It did not take me long to figure it out. I run my sensitivity at 24, i have been getting some targets over 10 inches. It can be a little sparky at times, i run the horseshoe off until i am circling a target to determine if i want to dig, it just cuts down on the processing of so many signals.

Here are my settings and i am not saying this is the best, but just what i have been having success doing.

Park 1, sens 24, i have the auto GB feature enabled, i am noise canceling over clean ground. Iron bias 0, recovery 5 on nox 800, i am running 5 tones with my bins set up where nickels sound like silver, 14-18 med tone and not as loud. 19 up high tone, and loud. 19 because i have been finding Indians at 19-20 here in my soil. There may be much better setups, i honestly have not changed mine because i am having a lot of success and i am afraid to change in case i might lower my finds rate. I do intend to switch modes on my next masked target like the one in the video for learning purposes. On TNN's videos on surface experiments it seems park2 is better at alerting to non-ferrous mixed with iron so i might be missing even more targets than i know of. I will next time also switch to 50 tones as some reports say it may be of more value alerting on masked targets as well.

Very good demo of an iffy signal! I've got quiet a few of those as well. Even though the numbers are jumping around all over the place, note how the high tone is persistent and repeatable when the coil is swung in a single position. A good sign that a high conductor is hiding in there. Well done!

Agreed , what i wanted to show was just because the numbers are jumping all over the place, it does not mean it is a bad target. The persistent tones combined with seeing some numbers i like. The biggest determination for me is what percentage of the time i am circling the target do I get the tones and ID's i am looking for.

Agreed , what i wanted to show was just because the numbers are jumping all over the place, it does not mean it is a bad target. The persistent tones combined with seeing some numbers i like. The biggest determination for me is what percentage of the time i am circling the target do I get the tones and ID's i am looking for.

You're spot on with this! Wheaties tend to bounce more in my experience (the more corroded the more bouncy), but once you get the hang of it, you know to dig it. If a person is only digging solid signals they're missing stuff.

Welcome to go pro club Trashfinder. Lol
Good video.
Park 2 and field 2 definitley much more dangerous on nickels all the way around.
Higher conductors, park 1/field 1 can have advantages. Can have disadvantages too vs field 2 and park 2.
Field 2 very dangerous on real thin coins like half dimes, Spanish reales (smaller). Especially when tilted or on edge.
Soil mineralization can play a factor. Higher minerals field 2 advantage grows here on the thin stuff.

Park 1 odds are ID on masked higher conductor (detectable using park 1) ID more truthful vs the same detecting scenario using park 2.

Park 1 is really closer to Etrac or CTX. But one big difference. Coil eye seems is smaller yet effective on Nox allowing it to see through cracks better. On the deeper stuff maybe this crack not as liable to be taken advantage of by Nox, sometimes at least. Hence CTX/Etrac May get the upper hand on Nox.

One thing is for certain.
One set of settings and or one detect mode won’t get what the Nox is capable of coin wise in an old site. Takes several hunts.

Look forward to seeing more of your videos.

I look at detecting scenarios like the cone of a nutty nutty.
In a site there are many different diameters of cones (caused by maskers) and size, orientation of nonferous object, and many different lengths of cones caused by various depths of coins, etc.

And the Nox with the right settings can solve a lot of these different cones. Not all unfortunately.

Last edited:
TF, Good video thank you. Look forward to your next. I have had signals like that, if I get good tone in just 2 directions I usually dig. Thanks and HH Mark

Back
Top Bottom