Equinox complete carbon-fiber shafts NOW AVAILABLE

steveg

Elite Member
Hi all!

I just wanted to let everyone know that I have finally been able to kick into shaft production mode, after the last of the long-awaited parts shipment arrived last Wednesday. Shaft building has been underway since, and I'm happy to say that I've managed to start shipping a first handful of shafts to customers on the wait list.

Everyone who has contacted me in the past, and had their name added to the wait list requesting a shaft from the "first batch," has been contacted; each of these customers' shafts are complete -- and are now in the midst of a few days worth of epoxy-cure time. I expect all customers on the wait list, who requested a shaft from the first batch and have been contacted within the past week, will have their shafts ready to ship by Wendesday or Thursday.

MEANWHILE, I have more than enough parts to build a couple of dozen shafts beyond those allocated to customers currently on my wait list. So, if you are interested in purchasing a shaft, please contact me, or be on the lookout for a "for sale" ad in the classified forum later this week.

Finally, I have typed up a couple of detailed documents as well -- one providing lots of information on the counterweights (including assistance/advice on how to choose the "right" length/weight for your personal needs), and then a second document discussing the "spring button hole" option that is being offered, for those who feel they may wish to still utilize the spring button in the lower shaft.

Please contact me if you would like to receive either or both of these two documents, or if you have any other questions regarding the new, complete carbon-fiber shafts now available for your Minelab Equinox!

THANKS!

Steve

Hi all!

Now that I've worked through my initial "wait list," I have shafts ready for general sale. Please see the "for sale" ad in "detector accessories" classified forum, here on Friendly!

Thanks!

Steve

Hi, all!

I just wanted to announce that the first shipment of parts that I've been waiting on arrived today, which will allow me to begin producing the second run of Equinox shafts. If you are interested, or have been waiting on me to re-stock inventory, now is a great time to contact me, as I'll be able to commence filling orders by the end of the week.

Please see my "for sale" ad, in the "FS Accessories" portion of the classifieds section, here on the forum, for additional information/pricing!

THANKS!

Steve

Parts-reduced.jpg

A couple of new shaft ideas are being considered at this time.

1. Different-colored shafts. Not sure how much of a market there would be, but my carbon-fiber tube manufacturer offers tubes in various colors, and so custom orders of different-colored shafts for any customer interested is a possibility. Here is a picture of a few of the tube colors offered; there are several others...

coloredtubes.jpg

2. I continue to ponder the possibility of a shaft design that allows the coil cable to run INSIDE the shaft, instead of wrapping around the outside (akin to how the CTX 3030 works.

I'm not sure if either of these ideas would be well-received enough to pursue, or not. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Meanwhile, complete Equinox shafts, as well as lower rods for both the CTX and Equinox are available; please see my "for sale" add in the "FS Accessories" forum.

Thanks!

Steve

Fireball --

Appreciate the input! This is something that's definitely do-able; I've already spoken with the tube manufacturer...

Thanks!

Steve

Hey all --

Just wanted to mention here that I have a couple of new opportunities, for anyone interested...

1. Additional colors are available from my tube manufacturer for the colored shaft; I'll attach a picture showing ALL the colors, and the color names (colored shafts will be offered/coming soon; inquire if you are interested...)

2. Discounted shafts (due to a mistake made by tube producer, inquire if you are interested)…

Thanks!

Steve

alltubecolors.jpg

Hey all --

Just wanted to mention here that I have a couple of new opportunities, for anyone interested...

1. Additional colors are available from my tube manufacturer for the colored shaft; I'll attach a picture showing ALL the colors, and the color names (colored shafts will be offered/coming soon; inquire if you are interested...)

2. Discounted shafts (due to a mistake made by tube producer, inquire if you are interested)…

Thanks!

Steve

alltubecolors.jpg

Yes, interested in colored shaft. Please provide info.

Pacer,

Thanks for your interest!

Here's some additional info.

Each of the colors shown above, are colors that are available from my tube manufacturer. The colored tubes are, of course, a bit more expensive, and so pricing will be slightly higher on colored shafts. I can't post pricing here, per forum rules (only in an actual "for sale" ad, in the classifieds), but feel free to contact me for pricing. Essentially, colored shafts will be roughly 15% additional cost, over regular black shaft pricing.

I have placed a "sample" order for tubes in several of the available colors -- enough to build one or two shafts in most of the different color options. Some of these soon-to-be-built shafts have already been pre-ordered by interested customers, though I still have a few not accounted for yet (as I really haven't announced them as being "for sale" yet; basically, I've just been trying to give a "heads-up" to let interested customers know what's "coming down the pike," so to speak). If there is a specific color you are interested in, Pacer, please let me know, and I'll see if it's one of the colors that is coming in this initial order, and whether or not I have one still available/not accounted for yet.

What I envision, is that once I have assembled and shipped this initial, small batch of colored shafts, I'll "officially" announce "COLORED SHAFTS" as one of my product offerings, as a custom, special-order item. I envision keeping a list of interested customers, and when I have a handful of folks accumulated on the list, I'd place an order for tubes (that way, it spreads the freight charge out and makes the shafts more affordable). So, I anticipate that there will generally be a 4-6 week turnaround time for any colored shaft order...but I will also be working towards eventually having a small number of them of them "in stock," once I can get a handle on demand, and on which colors prove to be most popular.

When I receive the initial batch of tubes here in hopefully a couple of weeks, I'll post pictures, so that everyone can see just what each color looks like. Then, once they are assembled, I'll install the cuff, control box, and coil onto one of each, and take pictures of those, as well. That way, everyone can see what a fully assembled colored shaft will look like.

One thing to note, is that the counterweights will still be available in black only; still, I think they will look really good on the colored shafts, given all the other components (coil, control box, arm cuff, etc.) are black.

If you have any other general questions, please let me know, and I'll post answers here. If you have specific questions (ordering, etc.), you can send me a PM, or contact me via email at [email protected].

Thanks for your interest!

MEANWHILE -- standard black Equinox upper shafts, lower rods, or the "complete" shaft system, along with CTX 3030 lower rods, are all in-stock and available, for anyone interested!

Thanks!

Steve

Thanks for the kind words, Mud!

Do you know that I STILL have occasional customers, interested it the counterweights, who ask me if they are supposed to fill their counterweight with coins!!! All because of your hilarious post you made, awhile back, and people didn't apparently understand your sense of humor! :lol:

Steve

Hi Steve:

I recently purchased your counter weighted Carbon Fiber shaft for my Equinox. I finally had some time do some extended Detecting with it. I was out for 4 1/2 hours with the 11 inch coil. The balance with the counter weight was perfect and eliminated all nose heaviness of the coil. Even after 4 1/2 hours I wanted to keep Detecting but had to stop due to other commitments. Congratulations on a well made and designed product. It really looks beautiful and makes my Equinox a joy to use. I can’t wait to try it at the beach. I would highly recommend this shaft!

Hi Steve:

I recently purchased your counter weighted Carbon Fiber shaft for my Equinox. I finally had some time do some extended Detecting with it. I was out for 4 1/2 hours with the 11 inch coil. The balance with the counter weight was perfect and eliminated all nose heaviness of the coil. Even after 4 1/2 hours I wanted to keep Detecting but had to stop due to other commitments. Congratulations on a well made and designed product. It really looks beautiful and makes my Equinox a joy to use. I can’t wait to try it at the beach. I would highly recommend this shaft!

Hi Steve:

Sundown08 --

THANK YOU for the very kind words! I am simply thrilled that you found the counterweight effective, and that it makes your hunting more comfortable, and more enjoyable! THANKS for the endorsement!

Steve

Just an update -- parts are arriving in a couple of shipments late this week, and then early next week, which will permit me to re-stock inventory with standard shafts (black, no button holes), and also to re-stock counterweights. Another shipment within two weeks or so will permit me to re-stock inventory with the black shafts WITH button holes. IF you are interested in a carbon-fiber shaft -- with, or without counterweight -- I'd love to provide one for you!

Extra/replacement Equinox lower rods, and CTX 3030 lower rods, are also available.

Thanks!

Steve

Update -- parts arrived, and I'm working on re-stocking inventory with standard (black) shafts, as we speak. As such, complete Equinox shafts, Equinox lower rods, and CTX 3030 lower rods are all available.

In addition, I'm working on compiling a list of folks who may be interested in a colored shaft, as well. I plan to place a "special order" for colored tubes within the next two weeks, to produce the shafts for anyone interested. Let me know if you'd like to be added to the list (available colors shown below).

alltubecolors.jpg

Thanks!

Steve

Back
Top Bottom