Found me a jug

teotwawki12

Elite Member
The kid and I ended up at a pretty decent sized small town dump today. Didn't dig down to any old stuff (she doesn't have the patience for that) but walked about checking out the surface mid-century stuff. She's pretty good at picking out colored bottles and jars. Somebody has cleaned out all the surface sodas (as I found none) but we are going to go back with rakes....one of these days I'm going to find a flippin' Hi-Klas that isn't broken!! (two more broken ones today).... On our way out I noticed a bit of crock showing in the ground...didn't think I'd find a whole jug but I dug it up and it was complete! Not a chip to be seen! ...doesn't have any writing but I was quite happy with it....

I always keep the intact Ball jars for holding my MD finds.. And she tried to throw the doll in the swamp but I kept it!!

Attachments

• KIMG1025.jpg
    KIMG1025.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 585
  • KIMG1026.jpg
    KIMG1026.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 555
  • KIMG1027.jpg
    KIMG1027.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 527
  • KIMG1028.jpg
    KIMG1028.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 538
  • DSCN0439.jpg
    DSCN0439.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 522
  • DSCN0440.jpg
    DSCN0440.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 568
Congrats again on you and the kid finding some neat stuff. It is amazing that the handle was intact on that jug. They are almost ALWAYS broken off. BTW, the white flared milkglass bottle contained "Fresh" brand deodorant. I remember the stuff in our med cabinet when I was a kid.

It must be Spring break, eh? What cha gonna do when she goes back, lol.

Well...I’ll be able to metal detect at my leisure again :D or have the time to patiently learn how to use this durn spring steel probe I bought

You ever dig a privy? Each of the home sites you detect should have at least one...I've never tried, but always wanted too. Ill bet they are LOADED. Nice finds, and awesome you got to create memories with the little one. Congrats!

You ever dig a privy? Each of the home sites you detect should have at least one...I've never tried, but always wanted too. Ill bet they are LOADED. Nice finds, and awesome you got to create memories with the little one. Congrats!

I have never tried.....just got the probe this winter...a privy or cistern would take some serious dedication (and another adult). I’ve looked at a couple filled cisterns and felt my discs herniate just thinking about it....

Some nice finds there. The undamaged jug is a surprise. The doll though? Should have let her toss it in the swamp. :dontthinkso:

No way! The photo doesn’t even capture half of the creepiness! I love it! I was immediately forced to take it out of sight at home under threat of the trash bin. Also, kid-ness said it was going to scare her and cause nightmares

Back
Top Bottom