DIY Sheath and Finds Belt

Pete e

Elite Member
After treating myself to an Evolution Extreme digging tool, I was a little dismayed to find it did not come with a sheath.

After looking at various options for ready made sheaths and not finding them what I wanted, I decided to have a go an make my own.

19qemd.jpg

Although you can't see from the picture, the bottom is open to allow the dirt to fall through and the nylon "body" has a liner made from a heat formed PVC pipe. All in all, I am pleased how its turned out.

This was part of a re vamp I was doing to my belt kit, which is now as in the pic below, but still a work in progress.

2reqx3r.jpg

I am looking to add a pouch for a set of secateurs for dealing with some to medium tree roots ect and then I will make some final adjustments to fine tune the layout...

After treating myself to an Evolution Extreme digging tool, I was a little dismayed to find it did not come with a sheath.

After looking at various options for ready made sheaths and not finding them what I wanted, I decided to have a go an make my own.

19qemd.jpg

Although you can't see from the picture, the bottom is open to allow the dirt to fall through and the nylon "body" has a liner made from a heat formed PVC pipe. All in all, I am pleased how its turned out.

This was part of a re vamp I was doing to my belt kit, which is now as in the pic below, but still a work in progress.

2reqx3r.jpg

I am looking to add a pouch for a set of secateurs for dealing with some to medium tree roots ect and then I will make some final adjustments to fine tune the layout...

Nice looking set up and good job on the sheath

Here is a pouch/tool holder I just made. Has a tool specific leather tool holder on the interior wall of the pouch.

Attachments

• 20190328_065725.jpg
    20190328_065725.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 458
  • 20190328_070101.jpg
    20190328_070101.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 443
  • 20190328_065950.jpg
    20190328_065950.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 437
Nice looking set up and good job on the sheath

Wow great looking set up! Nice work!

Thanks folks...I've now added a belt loop "hanger" to the pinpointer sheath so it hangs a few inches below the belt making easier to remove/return the pinpointer when wearing a coat...

At some point I will get a larger butt pack so I can take some food and drink for those hunts that take me away from my vehicle but for now the set up is working well...

Back
Top Bottom