On the board early this year

rob.ream258

Elite Member
Found a segment of beach with very little sand with mostly hard packed shell fragments and rocks. Completely unheard of here in my section Florida but I found one - it's only about 20 yards long but LOADED with targets. Several sections I was using the pinpointer going from target to target. Almost all the targets are near the surface since the hard pack stopped them from sinking. Tons of sinkers - the first trip there I found at least 40 and today I found even more.....

Trip one I found 4 junker rings and ton of crusty coins - no recent drops. If there were recent drops they left with the top sand. Trip 2 (today) I concentrated on clearing out everything since the junk targets were masking the good......I got to the spot late and only a couple hours before high tide so the strip I worked was only 8ft by 30ft but still found a ton of coins all were worn thin or crusty.

Found 3 rings today.... 1 gold plated - 2 crusty (hopefully silver) BUT I did find an 18K gold pendant. It's the size of a dime but it's still gold and I'm on the board!!!!

Anyone have a suggestion on how to clean the crusty ring???

Attachments

• JAN.jpg
    JAN.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 195
Found 3 rings today.... 1 gold plated - 2 crusty (hopefully silver) BUT I did find an 18K gold pendant.
Whoop-oop!!! Congrats!!!!

I'd give about anything to be able to detect the treasure coast of Florida!
I work on the east coast of Florida and hunt in the shipwreck area's once a month. There are more many bloody detectorists than seagulls. Blahhhhh, been there in good and bad weather, good conditions and bad conditions....I've always found more and more valuable items in the parking lot than the beach.

BTW, I've even used GPR there. Blah x2! For 400 years those beaches have been getting hammered. And during the last 30 years they've been visited by millions in hopes of finding the same stuff. Since the stuff isn't replenished, the chances of finding something, anything, are exponentially decreasing each hour.

Found a segment of beach with very little sand with mostly hard packed shell fragments and rocks. Completely unheard of here in my section Florida but I found one - it's only about 20 yards long but LOADED with targets. Several sections I was using the pinpointer going from target to target. Almost all the targets are near the surface since the hard pack stopped them from sinking. Tons of sinkers - the first trip there I found at least 40 and today I found even more.....

Trip one I found 4 junker rings and ton of crusty coins - no recent drops. If there were recent drops they left with the top sand. Trip 2 (today) I concentrated on clearing out everything since the junk targets were masking the good......I got to the spot late and only a couple hours before high tide so the strip I worked was only 8ft by 30ft but still found a ton of coins all were worn thin or crusty.

Found 3 rings today.... 1 gold plated - 2 crusty (hopefully silver) BUT I did find an 18K gold pendant. It's the size of a dime but it's still gold and I'm on the board!!!!

Anyone have a suggestion on how to clean the crusty ring???

Compliments on the 18k and your finds! Thanks for sharing. Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom