More Minelab CTX success stories

I spotted this story about the ctx, the finder said he found the coin with the iron on top, said it gave an iron tone with a hint of non ferrous.
I've read similar ctx stories of iron in the hole with coins, but when you watch a demo of the coin down the barrel, or in a 3d setting where the iron is above the coin, the ctx doesn't fair well, i don't think i've owned a machine that would hit that coin down the barrel under that size of iron, maybe from another angle it would though.
Is there a secret setting, is this pic actually possible, has it happened to anyone on here???

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1516009596089.jpg
    FB_IMG_1516009596089.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 263
  • FB_IMG_1516009579782.jpg
    FB_IMG_1516009579782.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 226
All you got to do is use one. Im at 7 gold for the year already hunting just low tones. And that's for 4 hunts for the year. And yes it will find a nickel under iron at the beach if you got a lot of practice hunting and know what its telling you.

What i have found testing Ghound is that target trace will actually show a target that is under iron just off to the side, but very hard to get a tone for the target. In real hunting conditions i have found iron in the same hole but it was not laying directly on top of my target. Just laying a coin under a nail that size on top of the ground going down the barrel i cannot get a tone with my ctx using the 6 inch coil.

Yes, the signal from that piece of iron would be very strong and probably overpower the signal from the coin.
Perhaps it was falsing a high ID number off the edge of the iron, and that was mistakenly seen as a secondary target?

Yes, the signal from that piece of iron would be very strong and probably overpower the signal from the coin.
Perhaps it was falsing a high ID number off the edge of the iron, and that was mistakenly seen as a secondary target?

One huge aspect of FBS is using high trash in combo with high discrimination. It will sound off on the weaker accepted target instead of the stronger signal discriminated target. BUT, in order to be effective you much use high discrimination. This is why Bill's trashy park pattern and settings are so killer on the Etrac and the CTX.

Note, the more trashy you have to get super slow and the threshold will be nulled out over the rejected target but the goodie will still pop if you go slow enough. The CTX advantage is visually you see this going on in target trace so in more extreme cases when it just can't sound off no matter what you may get a visual still.

I spotted this story about the ctx, the finder said he found the coin with the iron on top, said it gave an iron tone with a hint of non ferrous.
I've read similar ctx stories of iron in the hole with coins, but when you watch a demo of the coin down the barrel, or in a 3d setting where the iron is above the coin, the ctx doesn't fair well, i don't think i've owned a machine that would hit that coin down the barrel under that size of iron, maybe from another angle it would though.
Is there a secret setting, is this pic actually possible, has it happened to anyone on here???

Ghound,
I have not experienced with CTX (tonally), but your pic, Deus in gold field IAR setting 5, 28kj , using elliptical HF coil does has potential to give a hit, and make a person investigate and if they hear and turn sideways would likely get a definite dig me signal.
Also should say, Deus using traditional programs with settings for best separation/unmaking,,,key thing to be aware of--- what a nail actually sounds like tonally with 0 or less disc full tones. Hear the nail, then turn and listen.

CTX doesn't do as well as telling me a nail is present, just ferrous in general.

One huge aspect of FBS is using high trash in combo with high discrimination. It will sound off on the weaker accepted target instead of the stronger signal discriminated target. BUT, in order to be effective you much use high discrimination. This is why Bill's trashy park pattern and settings are so killer on the Etrac and the CTX.

Note, the more trashy you have to get super slow and the threshold will be nulled out over the rejected target but the goodie will still pop if you go slow enough. The CTX advantage is visually you see this going on in target trace so in more extreme cases when it just can't sound off no matter what you may get a visual still.

Good explanation. I still use a modified version of Trashy Park with high trash separation. Like you said, you have to go slow in trashy areas but you can pick out the goodies. Using Target Trace, I've dug several keepers which gave very poor signals due to iron being nearby. CTX has a helluva toolbox on-board.

I will always speak loudly for the abilities of the CTX simply because of the results it has given me. There will ALWAYS be SOME scenario in which the operator will pass a good target by unknowingly,perhaps to pick it out another day going in a different direction. Being able to discern EXACTLY how a target was sitting is often very difficult,as digging will almost always dislodge it from its original position. There may have been a very small piece of junk or rust pieces in the spoil that the operator never notices...a million different situations can occur. I don’t focus on what I DIDNT find because of variables over which I have no control. Rather, I focus on what I DID find. Because the CTX has produced many more silver coins than my other two machines combined in way less time, I’m guessing it’s unmasking better than most machines out there. It’s ability to see coins with,next to or under other junk is absolutely UNCANNY.
I ALWAYS run High Trash and high disc...a slightly modified trashy park pattern. As with any machine,the key is to go out and use it. Alot.

This is bad, all I can do is caress mine and swing it back and forth in my basement.

STOP TEASING ME

Just got mine

Just got mine a couple weeks ago and the weather has been so bad, I could only take it out for 20 minutes.

Gonna remedy that this weekend.

I hit this silver half last season, there were more nails too...now I'm not sure if the nails were directly on top of the half, but the machine definitely let me kbow there was something non ferrous down there. The machine pinpointed the strongest signal, which was iron. Off in the right hand side of the plug I saw this big silver rim.
I was using semi auto sensitivity and the stock coin program.

Attachments

• IMG_2119.jpg
    IMG_2119.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_2121-1.jpg
    IMG_2121-1.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 112
I hit this silver half last season, there were more nails too...now I'm not sure if the nails were directly on top of the half, but the machine definitely let me kbow there was something non ferrous down there. The machine pinpointed the strongest signal, which was iron. Off in the right hand side of the plug I saw this big silver rim.
I was using semi auto sensitivity and the stock coin program.

Nice snag! The stock coins program is really good right out of the box.

For me, the audio is what I concern myself with the most. The CTX will tell you about all you really need to know if you listen to her.

Back
Top Bottom