I appear to have the Equinox bottlecap issue figured out.

itsaring!

24K Larry
Forum Supporter
Got rained out yesterday. Made the first test run today. Hit the lamest beach I could find. Wind blowing from the west blew the dunes onto the dry sand. Everything was deep. Found out if you got experience with a CTX, the Nox is easy to guess most iron bottlecaps. Pick below the only one that was tough was the orange one. And it was metered out deep in the water:shock: The rest I called them before digging to be sure. Rotten tent stake I dug knowing it was iron but just wanted to see what the iron was.

What I did was ran like I do the CTX with an open screen and 50 tones. Nox I ran All metal and 50 tones. Sensitivity here I could run an 18 all the way up to 24 or 25 in the dry. Usually in the wet a 20 worked. Had auto trac on. Over the cap the 13 to 15 they sound pretty good. Swing past it and it hits in -Iron a lot. Deep stuff I took out a scoop and got it to work the same way. Off the cap it flips around real good. Shallower caps you whip the coil across it and it sounds sort of like a laughing Hyena in 50 tone:lol:. Need to try 5 tone next hunt.

Was totally amazed hunting this lame beach I hit a small deep silver ring and a Tungsten carbide ring. The rotten tungsten was showing some iron but sounded different than the bottlecaps.

Couldn't test my micro gold in baggies due to the wind. Would have blown into the ocean. Did a quick test with the chain and Plat and real gold flakes. So far couldn't see the flakes but hammered on the Plat and gold chain. Results will vary on your beach. No clue about bottlecaps inland? Maybe the same thing will work? Just hit the horseshoe button if you aren't already in all metal and try it.

I can say after running an at pro at the beach here for a year. If I still had one id sell it before the market tanks IMO!:shock::lol:

Attachments

• IMG_2822.jpg
    IMG_2822.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 806
  • IMG_2823.jpg
    IMG_2823.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 739
  • IMG_2824.jpg
    IMG_2824.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 719
Got rained out yesterday. Made the first test run today. Hit the lamest beach I could find. Wind blowing from the west blew the dunes onto the dry sand. Everything was deep. Found out if you got experience with a CTX, the Nox is easy to guess most iron bottlecaps. Pick below the only one that was tough was the orange one. And it was metered out deep in the water:shock: The rest I called them before digging to be sure. Rotten tent stake I dug knowing it was iron but just wanted to see what the iron was.

What I did was ran like I do the CTX with an open screen and 50 tones. Nox I ran All metal and 50 tones. Sensitivity here I could run an 18 all the way up to 24 or 25 in the dry. Usually in the wet a 20 worked. Had auto trac on. Over the cap the 13 to 15 they sound pretty good. Swing past it and it hits in -Iron a lot. Deep stuff I took out a scoop and got it to work the same way. Off the cap it flips around real good. Shallower caps you whip the coil across it and it sounds sort of like a laughing Hyena in 50 tone[emoji38]. Need to try 5 tone next hunt.

Was totally amazed hunting this lame beach I hit a small deep silver ring and a Tungsten carbide ring. The rotten tungsten was showing some iron but sounded different than the bottlecaps.

Couldn't test my micro gold in baggies due to the wind. Would have blown into the ocean. Did a quick test with the chain and Plat and real gold flakes. So far couldn't see the flakes but hammered on the Plat and gold chain. Results will vary on your beach. No clue about bottlecaps inland? Maybe the same thing will work? Just hit the horseshoe button if you aren't already in all metal and try it.

I can say after running an at pro at the beach here for a year. If I still had one id sell it before the market tanks IMO!:shock:[emoji38]
Love the ATP comment, ROFL. Thanks for the tips, can't wait to try myself.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Love the ATP comment, ROFL. Thanks for the tips, can't wait to try myself.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I actually thought today the guys posting 1 gold ring found probably should have found 3. No Joke! I was very impressed and am a Debbie Downer usually. Ask Kapi!:lol:

I Personally AM WAITING for the Market to tank as I will probably get one before the Nox.

Should be some soon. I am gonna wait til the EQ has been out a bit and order a 600 just for the water when I can get a discount. Gold luck!

Good info, thanks for posting!

I notice that with the possible exception of the R, all the caps look pretty fresh. Do you notice an appreciable difference in response with rotten and semi-rotten caps?

(btw: 50C Rules!)

Someone on here, sorry can't remember who, gave a good tip for id'ing bottlecaps, something about centering the signal and then backing off and as it got right to the edge of the coil it will give and iron signal or something. Sorry i can't say who, look around and you will find it.
Keep us posted on your progress, thoughts about the machine and finds!

Cool! 50 tones huh? I like that! I was under the impression it had only 5? Well well well...So you can easily tell a dime from a Q then? This would be VERY important to me..I like full tones...

With 50 crisp and distinguishable tones, It may just be able to replace my dirt clad hammer as well as my water rig!! Great Field reports coming in so far! Thanks!

That was me Zee. Hes doing the same thing. Itsaring..... did you notice they come in pretty solid at 10 at well over a foot with REAL good tone. Man this thing is deep on caps. All metal works well... but on a hard pan it was a bit to much chatter and a lot of digit bouncing with higher sensitivity.

I was chatting with someone who recommended field 2 for dry sand hunting. 0 iron bias, recovery 3, 0 disc, with a GB at 0. WATCH for those 1 digits.

in the dry sand the 4 digit will drive ya nuts lol..... but fun to kick the sand. And ya some really small rings do hit there..... i got a 14Ktoe ring that was 4. So that means things like charms and earrings may as well.

This is going to be a machine some will use like the Xcal and hunt larger gold..... but because of its sensitivity others may get serious about doing less beach chasing smaller targets..... especially in the wet sand.

Good info, thanks for posting!

I notice that with the possible exception of the R, all the caps look pretty fresh. Do you notice an appreciable difference in response with rotten and semi-rotten caps?

(btw: 50C Rules!)

These were all in the 13 to 15 range for the good hit. Passing over it beyond center it was pretty much as noticeable as the CTX on bottlecaps. Trying another beach today.

Have you figured out what those hard hitting Corona bottle caps are made out of :?::lol:

They all hit good dead center:lol: Will tell you I went over my first coin spill and it freaked me out a bit. Then after figuring it out, she was telling me I passed over two quarters and two nickels. Pretty impressive!

Yeah guys, I have read dew's and Herschbach's descriptions of bottlecaps. Just wanted to hear what itsaring's thoughts were as well.
Thanks for all the information.

I dig bottle caps with my CZ-20 and my CZ-21. The problem with them to me is minor. Yes they are a pain. However, MOST foreign coins are also magnetic and sound the same especially Canadian.

Scooping them up is no big deal to me. I also scoop up Canadian loonies, toonies, quarters and dimes.

They are part of the big package and even though an inconvenience, you are cleaning up the beach.

...even though an inconvenience, you are cleaning up the beach.

Last time I was at Larry's beach, I was averaging 4 pieces of junk per sq-ft. :shock: :yes: so asmuch as I'd like to make the world a better place, I (we) have to be realistic. If we can knock out a majority of the trash, we will still probably clean up 200 trash targets in a four hour period. Just my $0.02 =)

Scuba..... you need to come down and hunt Ft Meyers beach then tell me what ya thing about digging bottle caps..... especially in neck deep water.:laughing: Guys we have a HOT machine and if used properly.... we are going to dig more trash. Lets just see if all that digging is worth it. 47 hours on it in a week and about out the door for another 8 now. Not even scratched the surface of what this machine can do ..... why because i CANT get a friggen pair of headphones because ML opted to NOT use what they had.... yellows with a CTX connector. I can tell a shallow bottle cap no problem..... but shes tuff digging one at say 14" or more that still has loud volume and reads 10. Ill be messing with those bottle caps today doing some more dry sand hunting.

Scuba..... you need to come down and hunt Ft Meyers beach then tell me what ya thing about digging bottle caps..... especially in neck deep water.:laughing: Guys we have a HOT machine and if used properly.... we are going to dig more trash. Lets just see if all that digging is worth it. 47 hours on it in a week and about out the door for another 8 now. Not even scratched the surface of what this machine can do ..... why because i CANT get a friggen pair of headphones because ML opted to NOT use what they had.... yellows with a CTX connector. I can tell a shallow bottle cap no problem..... but shes tuff digging one at say 14" or more that still has loud volume and reads 10. Ill be messing with those bottle caps today doing some more dry sand hunting.

Tony is making headphones already...https://youtu.be/ZVPl8dtJRss

I understand about trash. Remember the beach I call bullet beach and all the brass and bullets I pull out of there? Very few hunt the place because of the bullets. I do and I get sick of them and STOP digging mid tones! We all know that is where gold lies. What is nice is I am one of the only people that keep going back. Sooner or later all the bullets will be gone and only gold will be left.

That will not happen where pigs leave trash though. I guess if there were that many I would use my CZ-21 and know if I get a high low tone it would be a cap. How many Canadian or foreign coins would you pass up anyway?

All beaches are not created equal. The beach I hunt where there is over 5 thousand boats one weekend with over 10 thousand people walking and drinking is a nightmare also. But I pulled over 2500.00 in gold out of it after that weekend along with tons of trash. A good ratio I think.

Back
Top Bottom