Seated And Barber Quarters From Tearout

jack&jill

Elite Member
Had some good hunting since my last report but had a a few clunkers to go with also. My highlight came when a permission was not home when I arrived, so I went over to a street tearout where I took a skunk a couple days prior. Living in a small community we don't see these tearout's very often. Did one side of this 2 block excavation with no keepers but that changed as I came to the end of the only private property on side two. Got an nice repeatable signal showing 8 ins. with the Barber Quarter the result. Went about two feet and got another signal just like the last only a little deeper. This was the Seated. The only coins now in three stops at this site. Earlier in the week at a permission I recovered 7 Silver's (4 Merc's, 2 GW's and a Rosie)and a very nice 1927 Buffalo. Went back the next day and added 3 Rosie's. I also included in this report a hunt that was with IDX Monster. That hunt I got the 9 year Monkey off my back by digging my first ever "V" Nickel and also my first ever Nickel Trifecta and a couple of Merc's. All the rest of my recoveries were from permissions. Anyway the Silver Coin count now stands at 254 FTY. I will update the picture of the Seated after I get it cleaned. Thanks all for looking. Trapper
I have the cleaned pictures of the Seated. Not only did it clean up well but I think the coin is in really great shape and does show a lot of detail. I am also adding pic's of a hunt that I forgot to put in the original post. Just a War Nickel and another Merc. I am also going back to the corner home on the end of the tearout. I stopped last night and got permission to hunt that yard. Trapper

Attachments

• 7-22-18 .jpg
    7-22-18 .jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 685
  • 7-22-18 4.jpg
    7-22-18 4.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 682
  • 7-22-18 5.jpg
    7-22-18 5.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 685
  • 7-27-18.jpg
    7-27-18.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 686
  • 7-27-18 1.jpg
    7-27-18 1.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 686
  • 7-27-18 2.jpg
    7-27-18 2.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 663
  • 7-28-18.jpg
    7-28-18.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 669
  • 7-29-18.jpg
    7-29-18.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 663
  • 8-2-18 .jpg
    8-2-18 .jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 663
  • 8-3-18 .jpg
    8-3-18 .jpg
    102 KB · Views: 660
  • 8-3-18 3 .jpg
    8-3-18 3 .jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 673
  • 7-24-18.jpg
    7-24-18.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 616
  • 8-2-18 4 jpg.jpg
    8-2-18 4 jpg.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 601
  • 8-2-18 5 jpg.jpg
    8-2-18 5 jpg.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 607
Last edited:
Holy Carp Trapper!!! Huge Congrats!!! A freakin Seated Quarter!!!!:shock: I would have died of i dug that!! Amazing!! Plus all the other silvers too!!! You sir are having an incredible year!! Keep up it i have really enjoyed your posts!!

Luv them oldtown demolition tearouts. Thanx for taking us along !

Congratulations on that tear out old Silver!! If you hadnt come along and gave it another go, those coins would be locked in for another 100yrs!

Holy Carp Trapper!!! Huge Congrats!!! A freakin Seated Quarter!!!!:shock: I would have died of i dug that!! Amazing!! Plus all the other silvers too!!! You sir are having an incredible year!! Keep up it i have really enjoyed your posts!!
Thank you Digger. Seated's here don't come around all that often. It was actually Silver Coin #250 FTY for me.
Luv them oldtown demolition tearouts. Thanx for taking us along !
Appreciate the response. This is only the third tearout I have seen since moving to this community 10 years ago Tom. They must be widening the street a lot as the coins would have been at least three feet from where the old curb would have been. The cut is only about two feet from the landowners back yard fence which has a apple tree just the other side. Lots of green apples everywhere on the ground.
Holy smokes that’s some amazing hunting there! Nice work, congrats!
Thanks Sweeper. I have been blessed to have been able to get some very nice permissions and also be in the right place at the right time. Hence the Seated and Barber Quarters.
You got some very nice coins there, congrats! :)
Thank you very much for your reply Sandy. This whole year has been amazing and very enjoyable for me.

Nice group of silvers there,all the coins for that.lol..You sure do post some great looking finds,and it sounds like you definitely put the work in on getting them.., congrats

Very nice hunting... I wish I could hunt a street tear out but around here they have police and fences :roll:

Sweet Seated Quarter...congrats on all of it Trapper, and especially your first V nickel. Two more silvers and you'll top my best season...keep up the excellent digging!

What a nice looking hunt.
Cheers to you.
Thank you for the reply Ozark. Was a series of hunts from July 22nd up to last night.
Good job , nice to see that silver....
Appreciate the response Chris. I have had the privilege to show a bunch of Silver this year.
Congratulations on that tear out old Silver!! If you hadn't come along and gave it another go, those coins would be locked in for another 100yrs!
Definitely the highlight of this report John. Hope you get to look at the seated cleaned up. The best part is I got permission to hunt the yard those two coins came from. The building that is on the property was some type of store before it was converted to a home after WWII. I need to get more info about it.
Awesome finds Trapper! Nice job
Thank you Tom, the hunts cover almost 2 weeks time still the count is on the rise, just a little slower. Trapper

Last edited:
Looks like a awesome week, you sir are a legend!
Not sure a legend is fitting but committed to task Craig. Still very kind words and they are appreciated, thank you.
incredible finds congrats:D
Thank you Mark. The tearout really put a flare to it. The Seated really cleaned up very well.
Nice group of silvers there,all the coins for that.lol..You sure do post some great looking finds,and it sounds like you definitely put the work in on getting them.., congrats
Appreciate the comments Butcher. I'm told that with effort comes reward, this could be true.:yes:
Very nice hunting... I wish I could hunt a street tear out but around here they have police and fences :roll:
Thank you Craig. This is not a common site for me. Does not happen much in the small town I'm in. I have hunted them when opportunity allows in the bigger cities with some pretty good success. Trapper

Excellent hunting Jack! They have some curbs torn up around me I might be giving a shot tonight. It seems I always miss the golden window before they put clean fill in before pouring. Seated quarters are a big deal, they are not an easy coin to find to say the least. All my career seateds have been mostly dimes, with one quarter and one half dime thrown in. What a season you have already had, and we still have months to go. Good luck in the coming weeks!

Back
Top Bottom