Today's weather

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
Central Arkansas is completely immobilized by last night's and this morning's freezing rain and ice storm. Needless to say, KT is snug in the Castle, preppedfor a power outage, roaring fire in the wood heater, ready to prepare a large cauldron of homemade beef vegetable soup!

Hoping all in the realm are safe and warm. Snuggle in for a couple of days like a bear in it's den! :yes::D

Ughhhh its killing me!!!! I realized this morning that this week it will be warmer in Alaska than it will be at the Jersey shore all week. :roll:

Weather channel shows that we have below freezing temps for the next 9 days....we have a chance of warmer temps this weekend...but returning to freezing temps the following week....

It's 10* outside now....

HDD

It can be hard to deal with ice and snow, especially for you Southerners. We have a lot of plow/salt trucks to handle it. Even we can't deal with ice, sometimes. Last winter was a doozy, up here. This year, we have had a minimum of snow. We are going into our second cold snap. Temps a little above zero during the day, and below at night, for the next several days. I'm parking my truck in my yard so I can plug it in, and keep the crankcase warm. I hope you stay warm and safe, King.

I was in Florida for 3 days for a wedding, it was 75 and sunny, then get back home yesterday and its -10 with wind chill :mad:

It can be hard to deal with ice and snow, especially for you Southerners. We have a lot of plow/salt trucks to handle it. Even we can't deal with ice, sometimes. Last winter was a doozy, up here. This year, we have had a minimum of snow. We are going into our second cold snap. Temps a little above zero during the day, and below at night, for the next several days. I'm parking my truck in my yard so I can plug it in, and keep the crankcase warm. I hope you stay warm and safe, King.

Yep. It's getting like 30 below with windchill at night where I am. That said, this winter is a marked difference from last, snow-wise. Like you said, a lot less snow. Last year we were shoveling out our fire hydrants, and this year the snow hasn't even reached the tops of them.

Saw this on the news page today: http://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/to...to-go-to-florida-instead/ar-BBhFYNs?ocid=iehp
Seems that New Yorkers have had enough of winter too.

Cold and still a few feet of snow here at the cabin maybe im going snow crazy or having wintertime cabin fever. Might just pack up head to grandma and grandpas place and md there dirt basement floor or the inside of there 150 year old barn there dirt floor there too

I feel bad for all you folks and the terrible snow and weather problems you've been having.

We are having the opposite problem. The weather is too nice. Generally speaking we have 2 cold months a year, January and February. Except this year we're getting close to 70* weather for the last 3 weeks. I'm sure that sounds great to some of you but look at it long term. We're not getting any snow up in the mountains. That means there won't be any spring or summer run-off. For us it's going to be a long hot and very dry summer. It won't surprise me if we have to ration water.

Here in the Missouri Ozarks we started out with freezing rain and then got 12" of snow dumped on us. Three more inches supposed to hit us tonight and then sub-zero temps.

Doug

Back
Top Bottom